This is a short notice to let you know that two new articles have been published for the Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessor:
- Quick Start Guide: For the Intel Xeon Phi Coprocessor Administrator
- Quick Start Guide: For the Intel Xeon Phi Coprocessor Developer
The target of both of these guides is the expert user. Our assumption is that the expert user does not need to be told what to do, as he already has potentially decades of experience doing his job. Similarly, he does not need to be told how to research his area of expertise as he has done so dozens of times in the past. As these users are new to administering or developing on the Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor, they want to know only where they can find key resources, such as cluster administration guides, technical support and examples.
Someone who will administer and support a set of machines (individual/cluster) containing coprocessors. The assumption is that references to the following topics are of most interest to him.
- Administrative tools and configurations for the Intel® Manycore Platform Software Stack (Intel® MPSS)
- Technical support services
- Library support
- Language support
- Network infrastructure
- Installation documentation
- Cluster administration and FAQ
- Scripting support
Someone who will be programming on an Intel® Many Integrated Core (Intel® MIC) architecture. The assumption is that references to the following topics are of most interest to him.
- Brief Introduction to the Intel MIC development environment
- Programming models
- Hardware architecture
- Software stack
- Coprocessor specific drivers and tools – Intel Manycore Platform Software Stack (Intel MPSS)
- Examples and tutorials
- SW Developer’s Guide
- Programmer’s Guide
- Optimization Guide
- Getting help and other support
If you find something missing, please let us know in the comment section of the articles.
Kidd, Taylor, “Quick Start Guide: For the Intel® Xeon Phi™ Coprocessor Developer,” http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/quick-start-guide-for-the-intel-xeon-phi-coprocessor-developer, version 0.1, December 14th, 2013.
Kidd, Taylor, “Quick Start Guide: For the Intel® Xeon Phi™ Coprocessor Administrator,” http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/quick-start-guide-for-the-intel-xeon-phi-coprocessor-administrator, version 0.1, December 14th, 2013.