Illegal instruction when calling ippsAdd_32s_Sfs

Illegal instruction when calling ippsAdd_32s_Sfs

Hallo,

I am having a problem when calling the ippsAdd_32s_Sfs function. On execution the program crashes throwing an Illegal Instruction exception.

Here is a minimal example that reproduces the error:

int * test1 = new int[2000];
int * test2 = new int[2000]; 
int * test3 = new int[2000]; 
ippsSet_32s( 0, test1, 2000 ); 
ippsSet_32s( 1, test2, 2000 ); 
ippsAdd_32s_Sfs( test1, test2, test3, 2000, 0 );

I really have no idea what could be the cause of this. The documentation seems to be pretty straightforward but just in case: Am I doing something wrong when calling the function? And since the program is running on a Xeon E5540 It seems unlikely to me that a basic arithmetic operation like that should not be supported by the hardware.

Any thoughs are appreciated.

Thanks

6 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.

It should works without the problem. what version of IPP do you use? is that 32 or 64 bit ? operation system?

Hallo, thanks for your response.

I am using Visual Studio 2012 with Windows 8 (64-Bit). The program is also being compiled for x64.

My IPP version is 7.1.1

Hi, thanks for your response.

I am using Visual Studio 2012 on Windows 8 (64-Bit). The program is also being compiled for x64.

My IPP version is 7.1.1

interesting.... I don't have 7.1.1 installed on my system now, but I checked with the 8.0 ( VS 2010) - it works with ia32 and intel64 verions both.

I will try to check 7.1 soon and let you know the results.

I was curious myself and just upgraded to the 8.0.1 version. Same problem. I use IPP through the "Intel Performance Libraries" tab in the Project settings in Visual Studio which takes care of the include paths and the linker settings.

However I just created a new project with the exact same settings (as far as I can tell) as the previous one. And it works now. So it probably was only a corrupted project file.

Kommentar hinterlassen

Bitte anmelden, um einen Kommentar hinzuzufügen. Sie sind noch nicht Mitglied? Jetzt teilnehmen