Envioronment vaiables for cilk plus

Envioronment vaiables for cilk plus

Hi,
I installed cilk plus successfully on my system ( Ubuntu 12.04 ). It works fine. Now I need to install it in redhat 6 and most of the steps as it seems are OS independent but I am stuck in teh environment variables part of installation.

The tutorails I reffered is http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/how-to-build-gcc-cilkplus-branc...

Most of the environment variables correspond to instaalation but the following have values which do not relate to installation like LIBRARY_PATH, OBJC_INCLUDE_PATH, CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH, C_INCLUDE_PATH

I donot undersstand how to set these values in redhat.

NOTE: I know the that C_INCLUDE_PATH is required by gcc to look for header files but my question is how how to find the same in redhat

5 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.

Hi,

It is difficult for me to verify on all OSes. Thank you for reporting this. Could you please try to keep this values empty (or just not to set them)? It should work on Redhat. I set it to '/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu' because in Ubuntu, some system header files are not in '/usr/include'. (For 32bit, it may be /usr/include/i386-linux-gnu). I forget which version of Ubuntu introduce this change, but it should be standard for Redhat, so you can just ignore these settings.

Please have a try and let me know the result. If you get any errors in this way, let me know and I will set up and redhat OS to build it for you. If it works for you, I will update my articles with this comment so that other user with Redhat can make it work easily.

Thanks,
Shenghong

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I am getting the following error on redhat without setting those environment variables.

The command I ran was: ../compiler/gcc-cilkplus-install/bin/gcc -ggdb -Wall `mysql_config --include` -c main.c -I../compiler/gcc-cilkplus-install/include

../compiler/gcc-cilkplus-install/bin/gcc: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by ../compiler/gcc-cilkplus-install/bin/gcc)

Note that the paths are relative. If I missed out something please mention it.

Thanks again!!

Hi,

Thank you for the error message. From my understanding of the error messages, it is because that the glibc is too old in your Redhat. You may need to upgrade the glibc for your OSes. Could you please download the glibc from 'http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/glibc/' and build it?
By the way, replacing the existing glibc in your OS may affect your OS, please take care (some other software may not run, even may cause OS to crash). If possible, it is better to find a redhat OS whose glic is more 2.14.

I do not have an redhat 6 on hand, or I may try to find the best solution to work around this issue. But it should not cause any issue if you have an OS with glibc 2.14. By the way, this issue is not related to settings of C_INCLUDE_PATH and so on.

Thanks,
Shenghong

Hey!
Thanks for help. Finally it worked. You were correct in one thing that I did not need any environment variable setting except the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Melden Sie sich an, um einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen.