Full Parallel Studio compiler vs Intel C++ Compiler Professional Edition

Full Parallel Studio compiler vs Intel C++ Compiler Professional Edition

Bild des Benutzers laurent lessieux - Toshiba Medical

Hi,

Currently we are using the Intel C++ Compiler Pro and we are considering moving on the Full Parallel Studio package.
What compiler is exactly included in Intel Parallel Composer?
Are there still any benefits from the Intel C++ compiler Pro? (except the libraries provided)

Thanks.
Laurent.

4 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.
Bild des Benutzers vladimir-tsymbal (Intel)
Quoting - laurent lessieux - Toshiba Medical Hi,

Currently we are using the Intel C++ Compiler Pro and we are considering moving on the Full Parallel Studio package.
Are there still any benefits from the Intel C++ compiler Pro? (except the libraries provided)

Thanks.
Laurent.

Hi Laurent,

I might have not that deep knowledge of Compiler and Composer as my colleagues have. But I would recommend to think through when considering to switch from Compiler Pro to Composer. Composer has nice features like being a part of Parallel Studio, latest OpenMP runtime well supported by Amplifier, Parallel Debugger Extension, and integrated IPP and TBB libraries. However, you might miss some advanced features of Compiler Pro in this case. I'd like to know the full list of them as well.

-Vladimir
Bild des Benutzers jhwolf (Intel)
Best Reply
Quoting - laurent lessieux - Toshiba Medical Hi,

Thanks.
Laurent.

Hi Laurent!

Parallel Composer contains the same compiler as Compiler Pro 11.1 but it does not have some of the advanced optimization capabilities in Compiler Pro, such as profile-guided optimization and some fine-tuning, performance switches. Also, Compiler Pro includes the Math Kernel Library. As far as binary compatibility and Visual Studio integration, they are similar.

Parallel Studio is targeted to developers bringing parallelism to client (e.g., desktop/laptop) applications, though it may offer capabilities of interest to other developers. Compiler Pro, VTune, and Thread Checker are targeted to developers familiar with parallelism, who are interested in maximizing performance, who have development needs on Windows, Linux* and/or Mac* OS X, who do development in C, C++ and/or Fortran, and who develop on or for IA-32, Intel 64 and IA-64 (Itanium 2 processors) architectures.

Sorry for the long-winded answer. Let us know if this helps!

Joe

Bild des Benutzers laurent lessieux - Toshiba Medical

Thanks a lot.

Clear and precise enough for me to make an informed recommandation :)

Laurent.

Melden Sie sich an, um einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen.