icl doesnt support multiple cpp files

icl doesnt support multiple cpp files

Hello I just installed parallel studio and followed the instructions to change the compiler in devstudio to the Intel one and I get this error during the compilation of my project:[ multiple wait failed, error=-1 ]cur=-1 ] and then the compiler stops.

I then tried the same thing but this time from the command line and got the same error.
(although I think it also says that process_status=6

I then tried just compiling one cpp file at the time and it works !

I tried other cpp files and they all work as long as I compile one at a time...

So it seems that icl doesnt like multiple cpp files at the same time.

I tried removing some of the options I was passing to the compiler but no luck.
Even the simplest form "icl myFirstFile.cpp mySecondFile.cpp" reports the same error...

Any help would be appreciated... Thanks

5 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.

Hi,
Pardon the delay.I could compile multiple files without any problems with Composer (from the latest Studio package - update2).Can you give us information on the following:

1. What architecture you're compiling this on?
2.What version of Visual Studio you've installed Studio on?
3. What do you get for this command in cmd window: %icl /V

Note that the Studio product supports VS2005, VS2008 and for IA32 and Intel-64 architectures only

Can you compile with the /P option which will generate the preprocessed .i file to this post so I can try on my system. Or you can attach the project soln also, appreciate much.

-regards,
Kittur

Quoting - misterroboto
[ multiple wait failed, error=-1 ]cur=-1 ] and then the compiler stops.

This is a bug with /MP. It has been reported to our engineer team. When it's fixed, we will let you know.

Hi
I also noticed that an issue has been filed with the latest package when using the /MP option to compile multiple processes and processors, we do get the error you state above, This will be fixed in the next update, just FYI

Possible workarounds:

1) Compile a single source file at a time
2) do not use /MP

I'll let you know as soon as the next release with the fix is out.
Thanks much for your patience till such time.

-regards,
Kittur

Hi,
Just letting you know that this is fixed and I'll update you as soon as the next update containing the fix is out. Appreciate your patience through this.

-regards,

Kittur

Melden Sie sich an, um einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen.