Multiple single users and a test server

Multiple single users and a test server

I have a small team of 5 developers and we bought 5 individual licenses for Intel FORTRAN product. So there are exactly 5 developers and 5 single-user licenses.

But we want to be able to integrate our individual work onto a test machine. So can we install one of our single-user licenses on this test machine? I mean, any one of us might be using the product to build the integrated test application from cycle to cycle, but we all have individual licenses. We don't have to uninstall developer 'A's copy of the product this cycle because integration is being done by developer 'B' do we? And then uninstall/reinstall different single-user license because developer 'C' is doing the integration next month?

THanks for any advice/help

Mike

4 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.

Hi Mike,

I'm checking on this. My guess is that there is an easy way tomake this work, but until I have more information, I'm not going to give options that might violate the EULA.

Sincerely,
James Tullos
Technical Consulting Engineer
Intel Cluster Tools

Best Reply

Hi Mike,

In this particular case, there are two methods that would work. If there are no other users on the computer, or if you can guarantee that no non-licensed users will be using the Intel products, then you can install a single license file from the set of 5 and use that one on the test computer.

However, if you cannot be certain that others will not use the products, then you can put a copy of each user's license file in a user folder, and set the environment variable INTEL_LICENSE_FILE on a per-user basis rather than a system basis. Unlicensed users would then not have a license file.

Also, if you are using Linux*, you can install as a standard user rather than root. That installation would only be available to the user who installed it, and each user can have their own installation.

As this situation is vulnerable to non-compliance with the End User License Agreement, I would recommend the second (or third if applicable) approach to be safe.

Sincerely,
James Tullos
Technical Consulting Engineer
Intel Cluster Tools

Thanks James,

My team of five developers are the only logins to this 'integration machine' so I don't see much trouble there. We integrate and test our work on this machine before we transfer the final product over to a production server.

We'll probably go ahead and set the INTEL_LICENSE_FILE on a per-user basis anyway, as you suggested. That way we know we'll be clean on this if anything changes down-the-road.

Thanks again

Mike

Kommentar hinterlassen

Bitte anmelden, um einen Kommentar hinzuzufügen. Sie sind noch nicht Mitglied? Jetzt teilnehmen