Licences for Continuous Integration Server and Build Server

Licences for Continuous Integration Server and Build Server

Hi all,

We consider to use the Intel c++ compiler and IPP on a continuous integration server like jenkins
and a build server for parts of our software.

Here the scenario and the Licencense we undertood to need. Is ths correct?

* Every developer has it own IPP Licences (single seat)
* Intel C++ shared to single developer in case of error in build/test environment(Floating 2 seats?)
* One system user on continuous integration server build several code triggerd by checkin in version control system.(node-locked?)
* Several user on build server compile and link software on build server.(node-locked?)

Where can we get the node-lock-licences? Our distributor only sells single - and floating licences.

Thanks for clarifying,

Dennis

5 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.

Dennis,
Let me check your request. You will hear from me soon.
Which is the OS?
Regards, Hubert.

Hubert,

We use RH6 based Linux for development.

Thanks,

Dennis

Dennis,

The Intel IPP Library is inclueded in the Intel Composer XE for Linux, so no seaprate license of IPP is required. A standalone package of the compiler only is no longer available. That means, if you order the C++ Composer XE you also have the IPP included. But if you need more IPP licenses than compiler licenses it would make sense to order additional IPP licenses beyond the Composer XE license(s); IPP is available separately.

Node-locked licenses should still be available, but may be that distributors don't want to sell it any longer. From the usage perspective, a node-locked license doesn't make sense and has not advantages vs. a single-user license.

Reading your request I still don't understand the usage model, but in general I can say the following:

A single user license is bound to an unique user who can install the product on different computers, but use it only once at a time.

This user however can run several instances of the same product on a single machine.

Whenever several users shall have access to the product, a floating license if the best choice. A floating license is also required if more users acess a product on a single machine; each user sonsumes a license seat, independant whether the product is being started on the local machine or on any other machine in the network.

So with this you can evaluate how this can work on your enviornment.

Not sure if this helps. Don't hesitate to follow up if you need more help.

Hubert.

Dennis,
Did my answer help? Can I close this thread?
Regards, Hubert.

Kommentar hinterlassen

Bitte anmelden, um einen Kommentar hinzuzufügen. Sie sind noch nicht Mitglied? Jetzt teilnehmen