Equivalent option to pgi's "-byteswapio" ?

Equivalent option to pgi's "-byteswapio" ?

Hi, I'm trying to adapt a Makefile originally intended to be use with the PGI compiler package, to the Intel fortan compiler. I've not been able to find an equivalent option to pgi's "-byteswapio".

This option swaps bytes from big-endian to little-endian (or vice-versa) on input/output of unformatted data. This is required by the program so that it can read input data created on big-endian machines.

Also, is there a way to disable Fortran 95 warnings ("This feature is obsolescent in Fortan 95") for Fortan 90 code?

thanks,
jfk.

6 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.

I'm away from the office and can't easily check this, but if you look in the User's Guide, you'll find information about defining an environment variable to specify "big-endian" unformatted I/O.

You have to disable informational messages to turn off the obsolescent feature messages.

Steve

Steve

Hi Steve,

Yes, I've seen the environment variable F_UFMTENDIAN, but the problem is that it seems to be a runtime variable, only.

Is there nothing that can set this permanently, compile-time? A runtime variable is very inconvenient as it would conflict with any other (ifc-built) Fortran executables we use that do not require big-endian i/o.

thanks,
jfk.

Hi,

So there is nothing to specify big-endian file i/o at compile time? I tried "-convert big_endian" as a compile-time option after seeing that in the Visual Fortran forum, but it doesn't work.

thanks,
jfk.

Not in the current version. A release late this year should have it.

Steve

Steve

Hmmm...okay. Thanks for the explanation, Steve.

Melden Sie sich an, um einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen.