Analyzing SPEC_CPU2006 benchmarks using V Tune

Analyzing SPEC_CPU2006 benchmarks using V Tune

I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 as my operating system. I've the SpecCpu2006 benchmarks installed on my system in /var/tmp/CPU2006 folder and v tunes in/opt/intel/vtune_amplifier_xe_2011.I primarily have two questions:1. How to find the process id in an official run of all integer computation benchmarks or for that matter a non reportable run of each benchmark individually .2. How to use Vtune to analyse the Benchmarks ?3.While running thefloatingpoint benchmarks there is one particular benchmark dealII which has compilations problems with G++ (4.6 version) .... says a fatal error...occured. So how to rectify this problem.need help ASAPThanks,

3 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.
Bild des Benutzers Peter Wang (Intel)

Latest VTune Amplifier XE 2011 only supports until Ubuntu 11.10, 12.04 might not be tested.

1. The user can run SpecCpu2006 manually, then use amplxe-cl to attach target process. Is it difficult to find pid? Use "ps -aux"

2. Use "amplxe-cl -collect hotspots -duration 360 -r r0001hs-target-pid pid", for example. You can de-attach analysis by using: "amplxe-cl -command detach -r r0001hs"

3. I think that this is not the VTune issue, you may raise this g++ 4.6 issue to Linux forum.

Regards, Peter

There are at least 6 gcc bugzilla entries about such problems. You would have to study those to see about corrections to the spec cpu2006 source code.

Melden Sie sich an, um einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen.