Intel MCA SDK and Java 7 compatibility?

Intel MCA SDK and Java 7 compatibility?

Bild des Benutzers itsleto

Hello,

after the Intel Software Network Support inadvertently deleted my post in the first place (no problem folks, thanks for the E-Mail!), here we go again:

My question is: Is the Intel MCA SDK and Platform Driver compatible with Java 7?

Recently, we had severe problems using MCA with Java 7. The same code worked fine with Java 6. I don't quite remember, but I think I read that MCA is not working with Java 7 yet? If this is right, any release date for the Java 7 language binding?

Thanks a lot for your help!

4 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.
Bild des Benutzers Steven Murray (Intel)

Hi itsleto,

When we released MCA 3.1, all of the validation testing was done with Java 6. We have not done any formal testing of MCA 3.1 with Java 7. At the moment, we do not have plans to validate MCA 3.1 with Java 7. We would recommend staying with Java 6 if you are using MCA 3.1.

Thanks,
Steve

Bild des Benutzers itsleto

Hello Steve,

thanks a lot for your answer. It is a bit disappointing that there is not even a plan to test it with Java 7. I mean, Oracle has released Java 7 runtimes to the public on java.com, so it would be the next logical step for the MCA Java language layer.

We are switching to Java 7 in the near future. Not because of the new language features but for several severe bugs that will only get fixed in Java 7, not for Java 6.

Not sure what options we have with the MCA now...

Bild des Benutzers Steven Murray (Intel)

Hi itsleto,

Thank you for your feedback. I have forwarded your input to our development team. I will let you know if the plan changes.

-Steve

Melden Sie sich an, um einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen.