Is it possible to use MCA SDK v3.1 with Visual Studio 2005?

Hi everybody,

Best regards,
Sergey

11 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.

Hi Sergey,

Visual Studio 2005 support existed in previous version of the MCA SDK, but is no longer supported with release 3.0 or later. MCA 3.0 or later requires Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 SP1.

Thanks,

Steve

Thank you, Steve. Here are a couple of morequestions:

Q1: Could you explain why one of the most commonly used IDEs, that is VS 2005, is no longer supported?

Q2: Is that because all solutions & projects in the SDK converted to VS 2008 format?

Q3:Are theresome technical issues / problems with VS 2005?

Best regards,
Sergey

Best Reply

Hi Sergey,

Quite frankly the decision to move from VS 2005 to VS 2008 was due to requests and pressure from our MCA equipment manufacturers and software developers. It would have been easier for us to continue on with VS 2005, but the pressure to move to VS 2008 was significant.

For MCA 3.x, all development and validation was done with VS 2008. With MCA 3.x, we have not done any testing or validation with VS 2005. It may be that MCA 3.x works fine with VS 2005, but we honestly have not tested it and this is the first feedback we have received questioning why there was no longer VS 2005 support.

At this time there are no plans to go back and test MCA 3.0 with VS 2005. If you do go ahead and try it please let us know what you find.

Thanks,
Steve

Quoting Steven Murray (Intel)...At this time there are no plans to go back and test MCA 3.0 with VS 2005. If you do go ahead and try it please let us know what you find...

Hi Steve,

Thank you and this is exactly what I wanted to understand. A situation on my side is opposite, that is, stay
as longer as possible with VS 2005.

I'll keep everybody informed as soon as I start some work with MCA 3.x and VS 2005.

Best regards,
Sergey

PS: Even if my primary IDE is VS 2005 Professionalthere isa complete set of all the rest IDEs, like VS 2008 Professional, VS 2008 Express,
VS 2010 Express and Visual Studio 98 Professional.

Quoting Steven Murray (Intel)...For MCA 3.x, all development and validation was done with VS 2008. With MCA 3.x, we have not done any testing or validation with VS 2005. It may be that MCA 3.x works fine with VS 2005, but we honestly have not tested...
Hi Steve,

Is it mandatory to install Service Packs for VS2008 and VS2005?

Does MCA v3.1installer have any verifications like "Is SP1 installed for VS2008?"

Does MCA v2.0installer have any verifications like "Is SP1 installed for VS2005?"

Best regards,
Sergey

Hi Sergey,

We recommend you use the service packs as that is the the configuration that was used to test and validate the MCA software when it was released. We did not test the MCA software without the service packs so the results of not using them is unknown.

Thanks,
Steve

Quoting Steven Murray (Intel)...We recommend you use the service packs as that is the the configuration that was used to test and validate the MCA software when it was released...

[SergeyK] I understood this.
Hi Steve,

Thank you for the response. My last twoquestions ( inPost #6 )were related to Installation of MCAand nothing else.

I havetwo test computers with Visual Studios 2008 and 2005 and at the momentthey are not updated with
Service Packs. I'll try to install MCAs 3.1 and 2.0 anyway and let's see what happens.

On these test computers I'm consideringconfigurations:

VS2005 (not updated withSP1 )& MCA 2.0

and

VC2008 (not updated withSP1 ) & MCA 3.1

Best regards,
Sergey

Choose VS 2008, becouse it support if you plan to use VS 2010.

...and if you use .NET Framework version 3.5 it's more compatible with 4.0 .NET Framework.

Quoting Maycon OliveiraChoose VS 2008, becouse it support if you plan to use VS 2010.

Unfortunately, there are no any plans to use VS 2010.

Kommentar hinterlassen

Bitte anmelden, um einen Kommentar hinzuzufügen. Sie sind noch nicht Mitglied? Jetzt teilnehmen