We're developing a new product based on TunnelCreek.
We use VxWorks 6.9.2, and graphics libraries WindML 5.3
One of the goals is to provide screen rotation (vertical display).
In the past, with other products and older VxWorks, we used both the following solutions (2 different products):
- to draw in a shadow buffer and to copy the image on frame buffer using a GPU accelerated BITBLT (with rotation)
- when no accelerated BITBLT was available, we drew to a shadow buffer and accomplished the rotation to the frame buffer using GPU 3D instructions
For this Atom processor I'm not able to found any accelerated BITBLT instructions nor 3D documentation.
Unfortunately even inside XORG source files nothing is present for this CPU. In fact, screen rotation doesn't work with Linux.
By the way, I'm sure it can be done as with Windows 7 this CPU allows to rotate screen (the driver supports it).
So I'm wondering:
- It's possible to rotate the screen in a easy way using TunnelCreek?
- Where can I find the related information?
- Is there some information about accelerated BITBLT instructions (with rotation)?
- Or: someone can tell me how it has been done in Windows 7?
- Or: it's possible to have a look at Windows 7 video driver source file?
- Or: where can I get 3D instructions datasheet?
Please help me as the screen rotation is mandatory for our product.
Thanks in advance,