Can we work on the trail version of the engines...

Can we work on the trail version of the engines...

Bild des Benutzers 2piinteractive

Hi

We are working on the Unity3D engine we do have basic version as well as a pro for a trail period of 30 days.Can we work on the trail version of the engine to get an edge at the competition.

Do these things attract any restrictions to participate in this competition.Kindly help.

Thank you.

Sid

4 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.
Bild des Benutzers Mitchell Lum (Intel)

Sid,

You will have to check with Unity to see if their 30 day trial gives you the ability to distribute what you create. From the rules (http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/level-up-2011-terms-and-conditi...):

C. Your contributions to the contest will be available to other participants and to ensure they are safe and freely usable by other participants, you warrant that:

you own or otherwise have all rights necessary for you to provide the contributions and grant the rights described above and you do not disclose any information which would constitute a violation of a confidentiality obligation; Students will be required to identify in the online web registration form and should certify that they own the intellectual property (IP) for their game demo and not their university or other institution of higher education.

your contributions do not contain any viruses, worms, spyware, or other components or instructions that are malicious, deceptive, or designed to limit or harm the functionality of a computer; and

your contributions are not subject to license terms that require any software or documentation incorporating or being derived from your contributions to be licensed to others.

I hope this helps you!

~Mitch

Bild des Benutzers 2piinteractive

Hi Mitch....

So, if the trail version allows us to distribute the demo we are all set to release it and vice versa....

Thank you....i think this should help....

Sid

Bild des Benutzers sanjigenjiten

I didn't realize this might be an issue. My laboratory has various Unity Pro Licenses but the one I am working with is a Student Pro License and I believe there are some distribution restrictions. Will this disqualify my submission? If so, I can easily rebuild it on another machine in our lab and get you a restriction free build. Please advise.

ハウランド・ロバート

Melden Sie sich an, um einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen.