Setting up development machine - windows 7, 64 bit, mca sdk 3.1, COM control

Setting up development machine - windows 7, 64 bit, mca sdk 3.1, COM control

Greetings,

Just going a little round in circles at the moment and would like some guidance.

Development machine details;
- Windows 7, 64-bit
- DirectX 11
- MCA SDK 3.1

The installation installed under: C:\\Program Files\\Intel\\MCA\\...
But also put Bin, Examples, Sounds under C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Intel\\MCA\\...
(assume these are 32-bit versions)

What I want to do is call the SDK from Word using the COM control.

I have converted the example Barcode reader into a UserForm control in VBA.
I added the COM reference, but appears that the DLL is 2.1 from the x86 installation directory - will this cause a problem???
Even unselecting 2.1 and using browse to select "C:\\Program Files\\Intel\\MCA\\bin\\IntelHealthcare_com.dll" doesn't seem to have any effect.

3 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.

...and have just found the solution

the log files was reporting the following

D 2011-12-21 21:12:21.380 AUS Eastern Daylight Time Config {C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\WINWORD.EXE-3144} *** Config::ParseFile - Config File Parsed is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\MCA\Bin\IntelHealthcare.cfg***
E 2011-12-21 21:12:24.380 AUS Eastern Daylight Time Config {C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\WINWORD.EXE-3144} The following Config file could not be opened: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\MCA\Bin\IntelHealthcare.cfg
E 2011-12-21 21:12:26.380 AUS Eastern Daylight Time Config {C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\WINWORD.EXE-3144} Error parsing the Config file!

Evidently, the IntelHealthcare.cfg needs to reside in C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\MCA\Bin as well.
So have to manually copy from C:\Program Files\Intel\MCA\Bin
-> which also means that any changes made through MCA Configuration Editor GUI needs to be manually updated in (x86)

hope that helps someone else out along the way...

A link to a picture or a screenshot is broken. What did you want to show?

Best regards,
Sergey

Melden Sie sich an, um einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen.