VS Settings again

VS Settings again

Just installed Update 7. Yet again the Executables / Includes / Libraries settings in VS2010 are reset when updating IVF, breaking all my builds.

It is a real pain to have to keep copies of these settings elsewhere and to manually recreate them every time IVF is updated.

Thanks,

David

13 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.

Agreed. I have a copy in a text file that I copy and paste each time I update but with an installation of this sophistication I shouldn't have to.

I also agree and have filed issue DPD200175314 about this.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

bump

Similar question about ifort.cfg (and the .cfg for C and C++).  For those of us who have cygwin or the like installed, it's important to preserve the Microsoft link path, as well as our favorite combination of standards compatibility options.

The issue with an update resetting the paths in VS was fixed a while ago. This is the first time I have heard about the .cfg files being an issue - I understand that but am unsure there's a good solution.  I will put in a request for that. Issue ID is DPD200240756.

I'm running VS2008 and I still have to reset the library and include paths every time I apply an update.

After applying the latest update, w_fcompxe_novsshell_2013.2.149.exe, VS was completely broken. Somehow $(VCInstallDir) had been redefined as Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Intel Fortran\Microsoft Files\VC which doesn't exist. After much messing about (reinstalling everything, Googling etc. etc.) I created the directory and copied Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC to it. (A quick fix if anyone else experiences this - I wish I'd thought of it earlier.)

Interesting.  That would be a path for the VS2008 Shell.  Thanks for the details.

The .cfg issue is still unresolved.

Steve, here is a compromise solution to the CFG file problem that I should like to be considered. Let the installer do the following: if a .CFG file exists in the bin/IA32 or bin/intel64 directory, rename it to a different file extension such as "BAK" or "OLD", and then write its new .CFG file. The user can, if he/she wishes, copy settings from the old file to the new CFG file after the installer is finished, instead of having to look up the options section of the documentation. I have gone through updates enough times that I do the backing up and restoration of options myself, but the obliteration of the old CFG file is a nasty surprise the first time it is noticed.

I suppose it should also avoid overwriting the .old file if it exists...

Zitat:

Steve Lionel (Intel) schrieb:

I suppose it should also avoid overwriting the .old file if it exists...

Yes, that would be appreciated. Perhaps, a line with the date could be added to the end of the .old file, and then the contents of the previous .cfg file appended after that line, before writing the new .cfg file.

The current compiler version install should copy any changes you made to libraries/includes from the most recent earlier version. I have tried this and it seems to work as desired. Let me know if you see differently. This doesn't address the .cfg files.

Kommentar hinterlassen

Bitte anmelden, um einen Kommentar hinzuzufügen. Sie sind noch nicht Mitglied? Jetzt teilnehmen