Array Visualizer in Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit)

Array Visualizer in Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit)

Bild des Benutzers inaylor

Hi,

I'm trying to get the "View Array" option to work in the debugger on Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit) but as soon as I select "View Array", I get the familiar Visual Studio crash.

Myinstallation procedure is as follows

1) VS2008
2) AV 3.3
3) IVF 11.1.054

On Windows XP SP3 32 bit, the above procedure just works (and is all I need to do) and I can use "View Array" when debugging.

On any flavour of Windows 7, it doesn't.

I've read the various threads about this and the general impression I get is that it always works on 32 bit but maybe a bit iffy on 64 bit but I haven't seen any additional steps specifically for Windows 7.

Are there any additional steps to the above in order to get "View Array" to work on Windows 7 ?

Thanks

Ian

6 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.
Bild des Benutzers cftac

You might try Steve Lionel's repair tool:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/troubleshooting-fortran-integra...

I would be curious to know whether you are installing on a laptop or desktop and what type of graphics engine it uses (Nvidia etc)

cftac

Bild des Benutzers inaylor

Thanks, but when I was trying to get the array visualiser to work initially on a Windows 7 machine (desktop - ATI card), I tried all the repair tools/fixes that I could find (including the one that you mention) in the forums - with no success.

Since then, I created a couple oftest installations (XP, W7) on VMs running on the same desktop and reached the situation in the original post. I tried to keep it simple to try to get some feedback about what was Windows 7 specific and it doesn't look like there is an answer.

Bild des Benutzers cftac

Thanks for the feedback. As I've posted it works on my desktop but not on my laptop with identical software and operating systems. It is really insane that a software company can't figure this out, especially with one working and one not working instance side by side and even more confusing that they do not seem to want to.

cf

Bild des Benutzers Steve Lionel (Intel)

It is known that View Array does not work on 64-bit Windows. It should still work on 32-bit Windows. Please remember that Array Visualizer is unsupported, so such issues are given a low priority. However, I am trying to get this fixed for the future.

Steve
Bild des Benutzers Robert Palasek
Quoting Steve Lionel (Intel) It is known that View Array does not work on 64-bit Windows. It should still work on 32-bit Windows. Please remember that Array Visualizer is unsupported, so such issues are given a low priority. However, I am trying to get this fixed for the future.

Hi Steve,

I have a Win 7 Intel 64 bit platform.
When you wrote "[VA]does not work on 64-bit Windows," might it help if
I went back and reinstalled iFort v12 and Visual Studio 2008 with the configuration that allows me to
develop apps for a 32 bit platform, and might the Array Visualizer then work in that development environment?

Yours truly,
Bob

Melden Sie sich an, um einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen.