Application Linking (Dynamic versus Statically)

Application Linking (Dynamic versus Statically)

I have a question regarding linking

I have an applicaiton that I would like to make Intel MCA compliant, however after reading the SDK documentation, it stated that I would have to statically link to the Intel Healthcare SDK library.

Is there an approved dynamic link library that my application can interface with?
If this dll already exists, are there any drawbacks that Intel forsees in using dynamic linking?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

2 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.

The way we suggest to perform the linking from your C/C++ code to MCA SDK library is actually a dynamic linking. If you refer the MCA SDK developer guide, it contains the below information.

\Include\ Contains all of the public C/C++ header files with the public API call definitions.

\Lib\ Contains the compiled object file library file to link against.

So when you include "HealthcareSDK.h" and IntelHealthcareSDK.lib in your project, you would be able to refer the exposed APIs. On the run time you would require the IntelHealthcareSDK.dll and its dependant files to be present in the system to perform the actual functionalities. Since you end up using the DLL files, it is a dynamic linking.

Alternatively you can try run-time dynamic linking by using the LoadLibrary (or LoadLibraryEx), GetProcAddress and FreeLibrary API functions. The API calls should be made into the IntelHealthcareSDK.dll that ships with the MCA SDK and the MCA Platform Driver.

Thanks,
Steve

Kommentar hinterlassen

Bitte anmelden, um einen Kommentar hinzuzufügen. Sie sind noch nicht Mitglied? Jetzt teilnehmen