Here're my notes from trying to get the Horsepower demo working under Windows 7, 64-bit and VS2008 using DirectX August 2009 SDK:
1. Need to upgrade solution to run on VS2008.
2. Need to update any files that include dxerr9.h to point to dxerr.h
3. When building OgreMain I am getting the followin linking error:
1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libboost_thread-vc90-mt-1_35.lib'
I found that the source code package had only VC8 boost libs. I copied the VC9 versions and it worked.
4. Need to swap DXGetErrorDescription9 with DXGetErrorDescription function definition to build Ogre libs.
5. Need to update link libs from dxerr9.lib to dxerr.lib to get rid of the link errror below.
>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'dxerr9.lib'
6. Need to make sure to build all the Ogre related libs like Trees, etc...
7. Missing dlls
After all these steps it builds and runs but crashes on dll loading.
First-chance exception at 0x761ac59f in Horsepower.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000250.
Unhandled exception at 0x761ac59f in Horsepower.exe: 0xC000041D: An unhandled exception was encountered during a user callback.
Any ideas what you recommend we to get Horsepower running on VC9?
Professor Jose Villeta
USC GamePipe Labs