Invoke ACPI methods

Invoke ACPI methods

Hello,

I'm currently trying to understand at least a minimum how ACPI works. After unsuccessful googling about how to invoke ACPI methods, i'm begging some help here.

So, here are my wonderings :
1. Are the ACPI registers (i.e PM1a_CNT) all accessible via PIO ? If there are some in MMIO? In that case, how can i know if they can be accessed via MMIO or PIO ?
2. How can i call an ACPI method (like \_OSI for example) ? Has anyone a C sample program with the invocation of an ACPI method ?
3. Do you have any references (easy to understand) that i can read to implement a driver that uses ACPI ?

Thanks a lot.

Fernand

2 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.

Quoting - flone_sa
Hello,

I'm currently trying to understand at least a minimum how ACPI works. After unsuccessful googling about how to invoke ACPI methods, i'm begging some help here.

So, here are my wonderings :
1. Are the ACPI registers (i.e PM1a_CNT) all accessible via PIO ? If there are some in MMIO? In that case, how can i know if they can be accessed via MMIO or PIO ?
2. How can i call an ACPI method (like _OSI for example) ? Has anyone a C sample program with the invocation of an ACPI method ?
3. Do you have any references (easy to understand) that i can read to implement a driver that uses ACPI ?

Thanks a lot.

Fernand

Hello Fernand,

There is some ACPI information on www.intel.com at http://www.intel.com/technology/iapc/acpi/. This page in turn leads to the ACPI web site, where you may be able to find more information.

Regards,

Gina H.
Intel Software Network Support

Melden Sie sich an, um einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen.