Core i7 Processor description listing VT-x2 features

Core i7 Processor description listing VT-x2 features

Is there a description listing that tells us the individual VT-x2 features (EPT, VPID, Unrestricted Guest etc) that the various Core i7 CPUs supprt? For example some Core i7 CPUs support EPT but not Unrestricted Guest. How can I determine this kind of information before buying the CPU?

Thanks,
Aravindh

5 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.

Have been inquiring internally about this. Thanks for your patience.

David Ott

Difficult request. I've talked to several internal divisions by now but a comparative guide with that kind of detail is hard to come by, in part because the same product can have different OEM arrangements and levels of feature support.

Would be much easier to ask a specific question about a specific product. Do you have one in mind?

David Ott

Quoting - David Ott (Intel)

Difficult request. I've talked to several internal divisions by now but a comparative guide with that kind of detail is hard to come by, in part because the same product can have different OEM arrangements and levels of feature support.

Would be much easier to ask a specific question about a specific product. Do you have one in mind?

David Ott

Does any spin of the Nehalams have the Unrestricted Guest feature? Which processors will include this feature in the future?

Thanks,
Aravindh

No, it is not available on any Nehalem processors. Look for it, however, in upcoming server platform releases.

This feature is also known as "real-mode virtualization" and is described publically in the software development manuals at:

http://www.intel.com/products/processor/manuals/index.htm

Note the 2-volume System Programming Guide.

David Ott

Melden Sie sich an, um einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen.