vtdpview 64 bits segmentation fault

vtdpview 64 bits segmentation fault

Bild des Benutzers odesaint

Hi,
I have the following problem when the vtdpview load the sampling data:
18:05:05.546 Processing module 127 / 127 (mylib.so) Segmentation fault

It seems the problem append when It analyses 'mylib.so' which is generated by my software. If I remove this library and relaunch vtdpview , there is no problem (vtdpview doesn't find this module anb bypass it ). Mylib.so is compiled from assembly code (with as GNU assembler 2.17) and link with gcc 4.0.2.

I'm using 'Intel Performance Tuning Utility version 3.2 Update 1 build 824' on 64 bits machine (Xeon E5430). I have no problem on 32 bits machine.
Any ideas ?

I don't know if you can help me ...

Olivier

3 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.
Bild des Benutzers levinth
Quoting - odesaint Hi,
I have the following problem when the vtdpview load the sampling data:
18:05:05.546 Processing module 127 / 127 (mylib.so) Segmentation fault

It seems the problem append when It analyses 'mylib.so' which is generated by my software. If I remove this library and relaunch vtdpview , there is no problem (vtdpview doesn't find this module anb bypass it ). Mylib.so is compiled from assembly code (with as GNU assembler 2.17) and link with gcc 4.0.2.

I'm using 'Intel Performance Tuning Utility version 3.2 Update 1 build 824' on 64 bits machine (Xeon E5430). I have no problem on 32 bits machine.
Any ideas ?

I don't know if you can help me ...

Olivier

You might try building your shared object with the intel compiler..I would expect it tobe able to take the asm directly..avoiding the two step build you do now

Bild des Benutzers Konstantin Lupach (Intel)

If you really have no issues on 32-bit OS you can try to analyze the experiment there. Copy the experiment (exp) and needed (exp/all/*.so) binaries (for example only this one to understand whether it helps). Try to convert it: vtdpview exp -c.

If you still have problems try: disasmtool .
In case it also crashes and the binary is notanyone's secret shareit with us.
In case disasmtool does not crash then share with us the experiment directory and problematic binary.
It is alwaysencouraged to mimize the amount of provided data.

K

Melden Sie sich an, um einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen.