Where to get MCA Platform Driver for Panasonic Toughbook CF-H1

Where to get MCA Platform Driver for Panasonic Toughbook CF-H1

Bild des Benutzers kurt_proth

Dear All,

I use the MCA SDK V2.1 on my Panasonic toughbook CF-H1 controlled by Visual Studio 2008 c#.

When I wanted to distribut the barcode application that I wrote to the Panasonic tough book, I saw unther Program files, that the MCAPD driver installed on the system was from 2008 and was file version 2.0

After searching some time on the internet, I could not find any version for the Panasonic touch book newer than version 2.0.3 which absolutely is not working with an SDK V2.1 as stated in the developer guide pg 30

PLEASE wher can I download a recent MCA PD that suits the new SDK version ?????

5 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.
Bild des Benutzers Steven Murray (Intel)

Hi kurt_proth,

The MCA platform driver is distributed by the MCA hardware OEM only. In this case, that is Panasonic. So to get the latest MCA PD for your system, you would need to contact Panasonic.

There is generally a few weeks to a few months gap between the time that Intel releases a new MCA SDK version and the OEM releases the comparable MCA platform driver. This is because the OEM has to test and validate the new MCA platform driver on their system and make sure it runs correctly and does not cause issues with other software installed on the MCA hardware. Panasonic is usually pretty quick about doing this so the delay is usually just a few weeks. However, the OEM may have other software they are also refreshing and would prefer to release a package of software updates instead of just the MCA platform driver so it can vary.

Thanks,
Steve

Hi kurt_proth,

Just one other note, if you try to use Visual Studio 2008 you may run into other problems as well. We have not tested or compiled the MCA software to work with Visual Studio 2008 and others developers have noted some issues. You should use Visual Studio 2005 with SP1 with the MCA software.

We do plan on adding support for Visual Studio 2008 in the future, but do not have a date for that release yet.

Thanks,
Steve

Bild des Benutzers robrud

Hi. It's been over 6 months since MCA SDK 2.1 came out but I don't see a "matching"PanasonicPlatform Driver. Does anyone know if it exists, or is Panasonic not able to keep up? I see there is a SDK v3 released recently -- does anyone know if Panasonic even plans on making new PD's ?
-- thanks
-- Rob

Hi Rob,

Have you contacted Panasonic? I know they are working ona new version of the platform driverbut I do not have a release date. I am sure the MCA team at Panasonic could tell you when they plan to release the next version if you contact them directly.

Thanks,
Steve

Melden Sie sich an, um einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen.