Did someone already try to install the SDT-Suites on Debian?

Did someone already try to install the SDT-Suites on Debian?

Having a Debian installation on my host, makes me excluded from installing the SDT as the install script is restricted to Ubuntu and Redflag.

As Debian and Ubuntu have somewhat a parent-child relation .. it made me wonder if someone already hacked the installation scripts to get things going on Debian?

5 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.

Hi,

as you observed correctly Debian is not an officially validated against platform. Nevertheless you should be able to tell the installer to continue installation on the "unsupported platform" after a warning. I have installed thepredecessor of the current tool suite on Debian systems before and it actually worked.

Could you tell me which exact version of Debian you are trying to install on and which exact hardware you are running on?

Which is the exact error you get during install?

Perhaps I can try to run a quick test.

Rob

Hi Robert,

Meanwhile I managed to get things installed by modifying the installation scripts at the points where it would normally stop and just made the script believe that I'm running Ubuntu's latest 8.xx version. Not sure if everything was installed correctly, but at least the installation scripts ran 'till completion.

For this sake it would be nice to extend the OS check script such that in case it detects and unsupported (or not tested) distribution, it still gives an option to "act like distribution xyz" (select from the supported/tested list) and give it a go .. also handy for people who want to try it on the latest Ubuntu 9.xx version, without the need to hack the OS-check script.

My environment:
- Distribution: Debian GNU/Linux 5.0.1
- Kernel: Linux 2.6.26-2-686
- C Library: GNU C Library 2.7 (stable)
- PC: Dell Vostro 220
- Processor: Dual-Core Pentium, CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz
- Memory: 3Gb

I modified the installchroot.sh at the point where it detects the OS and decides to stop the chroot install in case the OS is "unknown" and later hacked around in the area where the "release question" was handled (making it default to 'hardy').

Hi,

thanks for posting this workaround. From your description I imply two things. You are using the Gold release 1.1 version of the tool suite and you are doing a chroot install.

The chroot install has some strong dependencies on the GIT/RPM repository structurefor Ubuntu* and Red Flag* respectively. To officially support Debian* there as well we would need to do extra additional validation. We could however revert to just a warning like we do for the other install sub-components.

With the 2.0 release we will remove the standalone chroot install creation and offer direkt Moblin Image Creator 2/kickstart script integration for Moblin 2 instead. Thus this feature will change completely.

BTW - the Intel Application Software Development Tool Suite 2.0 BETA for Intel Atom Processor is available at http://www.intel.com/software/products/atomtoolsbeta.

Hi Robert,

For Moblin one of the "advised" development methods is to use "Developing in Moblin v2 environment (KVM, VMWare, or netbook)" to prevent from the library version compatibility hassle.

This leads to the questions: "Will the Intel ATOM kit be(come) installable in this environment?" and if so "Are there any performance improvements expected using the Intel compiler package?"

Kind regards,
Jeroen

Kommentar hinterlassen

Bitte anmelden, um einen Kommentar hinzuzufügen. Sie sind noch nicht Mitglied? Jetzt teilnehmen