fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'C:Program.obj

fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'C:Program.obj

I have done everything that I can find in the manuals but when I try to run one of the examples that comes with the Array Vis 3.3 download "Update.f90" I get the message:

fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'C:\Program.obj'

Has anyone had this problem? Any help will be appreciated.

Mike

18 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.

I tried the solution from inaylor, to install the array visualizer first, then reinstall ivf. However, I am still getting the error message when I try to run the sample app. Is there a step by step process to installing and using the array visualizer? I am running VS2008 with ivf 11.0 on a WINXP system. Any ideas will be very much appreciated.

Mike

This particular message suggests that there is a path being added to the link that needs to be enclosed in quotes. How are you doing the build?

If you are using Visual Studio, you will need to add the path for the Array Visualizer libraries to Tools > Options > Intel Fortran > Compiler > Library Files.

Steve

Quoting - Steve Lionel (Intel)
This particular message suggests that there is a path being added to the link that needs to be enclosed in quotes. How are you doing the build?

If you are using Visual Studio, you will need to add the path for the Array Visualizer libraries to Tools > Options > Intel Fortran > Compiler > Library Files.

Steve,

I am using VS 2008 and IVF 11.0. I have the following atthe end of the library files:
"C:Program FilesIntelArray Visualizerlib"

I also included something similar in the include files:
"C:Program FilesIntelArray Visualizerinclude"

It is still giving me the same error. Argh! Thanks so far for your help. It feels like the answer is just around the corner.

Mike

Steve, I've been playing around with the dependencies in the project settings. Now I get this message:
Link: error #10014: problem during multi-file optimization compilation (code 3)

Is there a setting that I can change to fix this? Thanks.

Mike

That error is almost always preceded by some other error, such as an object or library not found or a compile that failed. You need to find and fix the earlier error of which this is just a side-effect.

Steve

That error is almost always preceded by some other error, such as an object or library not found or a compile that failed. You need to find and fix the earlier error of which this is just a side-effect.

Okay. I have made sure that all of my paths for includes and libraries are in quotes, for example:
"C:Program FilesIntelArray Visualizerinclude"

Q: Is this the right way to put in the paths?

Now I am getting multiple errors one of which is:
AvFRT.lib(Viewer.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__SysAllocString@4

This is new. But I think I'm getting closer. Any suggestions?

Mike

I got it.I found an old post the said to put the following in the command line of the linker(under Project properties):

/SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE AvFRTd.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib

However, since my project was originally created as a qwin app instead of a console app I replaced CONSOLE with WINDOWS. It worked on the sample. Hopefully by following the same steps I can get it to work with my own projects. I will follow up with how it goes. Thanks for your help.

Mike

I would recommend using the specific property page for those options rather than putting them in the command line section, but whatever works for you...

Steve

I would recommend using the specific property page for those options rather than putting them in the command line section, but whatever works for you...

Steve, is the property page some that I would be able to reference from any project, like a template? That way I would not have to manually put all of those links and properties into each project that I want to use the Array Visualizer with. How would I set up the property page? Thanks in advance.

Mike

Unfortunately, there is no template feature available for Fortran.

The libraries you would list under Linker > Input > Additional Dependencies
/SUBSYSTEM is spedified at Linker > System > Subsystem, but normally you don't need to do this as it is set properly when you create the project, if you chose the proper project type.

Steve

Steve, maybe I've got something wrong, but when I take the /SUBSYSTEM:... line out of the command line, even though the Linker subsystem variable is set to CONSOLE, it doesn't work. Works like a charm with the command line. Again, I may have something set wrong that I don't know about.

Mike

What goes wrong? Attach your buildlog.htm here.

Steve
Steve, here is the buildlog file:

Output  
    Linking...
Link /OUT:"DebugUpdate2.exe" /INCREMENTAL:NO /NOLOGO /LIBPATH:"C:Program FilesIntelArray Visualizerlib" /MANIFEST /MANIFESTFILE:"C:Documents and SettingsMikeMy DocumentsVisual Studio 2008ProjectsUpdate2Update2debugupdate2.exe.intermediate.manifest" /DEBUG /PDB:"C:Documents and SettingsMikeMy DocumentsVisual Studio 2008ProjectsUpdate2Update2debugupdate2.pdb" /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE /IMPLIB:"C:Documents and SettingsMikeMy DocumentsVisual Studio 2008ProjectsUpdate2Update2debugupdate2.lib" "C:Program FilesIntelArray VisualizerlibAvFRT.lib" "DebugAvFRT.obj" "DebugUpdate.obj"
Link: executing 'link'
AvFRT.lib(Viewer.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__SysAllocString@4
AvFRT.lib(FileLoaderImpl.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__SysAllocString@4
AvFRT.lib(AvFRT.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__SysAllocString@4 referenced in function "public: __thiscall AvBSTR::AvBSTR(char const *)" (??0AvBSTR@@QAE@PBD@Z)
AvFRT.lib(RootObj.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__SysAllocString@4
AvFRT.lib(Dataset.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__SysAllocString@4
AvFRT.lib(Type.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__SysAllocString@4
AvFRT.lib(Viewer.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__SysFreeString@4
AvFRT.lib(FileLoaderImpl.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__SysFreeString@4
AvFRT.lib(AvFRT.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__SysFreeString@4 referenced in function "public: __thiscall AvBSTR::~AvBSTR(void)" (??1AvBSTR@@QAE@XZ)
AvFRT.lib(RootObj.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__SysFreeString@4
AvFRT.lib(Dataset.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__SysFreeString@4
AvFRT.lib(Type.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__SysFreeString@4
AvFRT.lib(FileLoaderImpl.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__VariantInit@4
AvFRT.lib(AvFRT.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__VariantInit@4 referenced in function _AVGETOBJECT
AvFRT.lib(RootObj.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__VariantInit@4
AvFRT.lib(Dataset.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__VariantInit@4
AvFRT.lib(Viewer.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__VariantInit@4
AvFRT.lib(AvFRT.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CoCreateInstance@20 referenced in function _AVGETOBJECT
AvFRT.lib(RootObj.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__CoCreateInstance@20
AvFRT.lib(Viewer.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__CoCreateInstance@20
AvFRT.lib(RootObj.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__VariantClear@4 referenced in function "public: long __thiscall AvVariant::Clear(void)" (?Clear@AvVariant@@QAEJXZ)
AvFRT.lib(FileLoaderImpl.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__VariantClear@4
AvFRT.lib(RootObj.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CreateStreamOnHGlobal@12 referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall CRootObj::CopyObj(struct IUnknown *,struct IUnknown *)" (?CopyObj@CRootObj@@QAE_NPAUIUnknown@@0@Z)
AvFRT.lib(RootObj.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__GetErrorInfo@8 referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CRootObj::SetError(struct IUnknown *)" (?SetError@CRootObj@@QAEXPAUIUnknown@@@Z)
AvFRT.lib(FileLoaderImpl.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__GetErrorInfo@8
AvFRT.lib(RootObj.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__OleInitialize@4 referenced in function "public: __thiscall CRootObj::CRootObj(void)" (??0CRootObj@@QAE@XZ)
AvFRT.lib(RootObj.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__OleUninitialize@0 referenced in function "public: __thiscall CRootObj::~CRootObj(void)" (??1CRootObj@@QAE@XZ)
AvFRT.lib(Dataset.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__StringFromGUID2@12 referenced in function "protected: bool __thiscall CDataset::CreateDataset(int,int,int const *)" (?CreateDataset@CDataset@@IAE_NHHPBH@Z)
AvFRT.lib(Viewer.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CoTaskMemFree@4 referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall CViewer::Create(void)" (?Create@CViewer@@QAE_NXZ)
AvFRT.lib(Viewer.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__StringFromCLSID@8 referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall CViewer::Create(void)" (?Create@CViewer@@QAE_NXZ)
AvFRT.lib(Viewer.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CoCreateGuid@4 referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall CViewer::Create(void)" (?Create@CViewer@@QAE_NXZ)
DebugUpdate2.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 13 unresolved externals

Update2 - 32 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Mike

Looks as if you need to add oleaut32.lib to the list of libraries linked against.

Steve

I am not sure where to link that, in the project or the tools->compiler. Also, do I separate the libraries by commas, semicolons..?

Linker > Input > Additional dependencies. Spaces.

Or, you could add:

USE OLEAUT32

to one of your sources and it would get done automatically.

Steve

Linker > Input > Additional dependencies. Spaces.

Or, you could add:

USE OLEAUT32

to one of your sources and it would get done automatically.

Steve,

Thanks. That worked. I put a USE oleaut32 statement in my main program. And then it worked without a hitch. I will amend my other post with this information. I appreciate your knowledge and help.

Mike

Melden Sie sich an, um einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen.