Does the STM Prototype v3.0 Have a Transactional STL?

Does the STM Prototype v3.0 Have a Transactional STL?

The release notes for the Intel STM Prototype v3.0 promise, "Support for transactional C++ STL library."

I cannot manage to find a version of the STL library with transactional annotations. Using STL algorithms (for_each) and data structures (vector) in my programs yields a bunch of warning #2316's ("non transaction ready function").

What is the nature of this support for a transactional STL?

5 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.

Looks like this question belongs to the WhatIf forum.

Quoting - tim18
Looks like this question belongs to the WhatIf forum.

Weird, I thought I was in the WhatIf forum... There, I just tried again, and I found my post.

Huh.

Quoting - andresjaantack

Weird, I thought I was in the WhatIf forum... There, I just tried again, and I found my post.

Nevermind. Now it's a WhatIf post. :)

Quoting - andresjaantack
The release notes for the Intel STM Prototype v3.0 promise, "Support for transactional C++ STL library."

I cannot manage to find a version of the STL library with transactional annotations. Using STL algorithms (for_each) and data structures (vector) in my programs yields a bunch of warning #2316's ("non transaction ready function").

What is the nature of this support for a transactional STL?

Although the compiler generates a warning, if the definition of the functions (STL functions)are seen before they arecalled in an atomic block, a transactional verions of the functionsare generated. If you look at the code generated you will see a call to transactional version. If this is not true, can you send me a test case so I can investigate the problem.

Kommentar hinterlassen

Bitte anmelden, um einen Kommentar hinzuzufügen. Sie sind noch nicht Mitglied? Jetzt teilnehmen