Problems with Barcode Loopback device MCA SDK V2

Problems with Barcode Loopback device MCA SDK V2

I never get a simulated barcode, neither by prssing Shift-F1 nor in my application. In the MCA.log I get

OnBarcodeCallback() discarded a barcode because the type could not be determined.

what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Wolfgang

10 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.

Hi Wolfgang,

A couple of questions for you:

1. Is the MCA SDk installed on a devlopment PC or on an MCA tablet?

2. Have you tried uninstalling the MCA SDK, rebooting,and then reinstalling the MCA SDKto see if the same problem occurs?

3. Have you triedusing notepad as the focus window applicationinstead of your applicationto see if the barcode info will post to notepad?

4. Is it possible that other applications are using the same keyboard mapping?

Thanks,

Steve

Quoting - Steven Murray (Intel)

1. Is the MCA SDk installed on a devlopment PC or on an MCA tablet?

2. Have you tried uninstalling the MCA SDK, rebooting,and then reinstalling the MCA SDKto see if the same problem occurs?

3. Have you triedusing notepad as the focus window applicationinstead of your applicationto see if the barcode info will post to notepad?

4. Is it possible that other applications are using the same keyboard mapping?

ad 1) Development PC
ad 2) no, I did not reboot so far.
ad 3) and 4) I get theaudio feedback,so this does not seem the problem. Also with RFID Shift-F2 I get the RFID window. Please note alsothe line in the MCA.log I provided.

Myrecommendation is to uninstall the MCA software (Control Panel/ Add or Remove Programs), reboot, and then reinstall the MCA SDK software again.

If after doing this you still see the same failure, please send me the MCA log file (c:tempmca.log) and the MCA configuration file (c:program filesIntelMCABinIntelHealthcare.cfg) so I can take a look at them.

Thanks,

Steve

Myrecommendation is to uninstall the MCA software (Control Panel/ Add or Remove Programs), reboot, and then reinstall the MCA SDK software again.

This did indeed the trick to get it working. I tried to duplicate what I configured when it failed and the error comes along when changing Configuration/MCA Application/DefaultHandler Action/Default Action/Barcode. I tried entering only DataMatrix as a type and settingMinimum BarcodeLength to 1. This change leads to non-functioning of the Default Barcode Loopback device.

Waht would we the correct way to configure the Barcode Loopback device to indicate to an application that it only support DataMatrix?

Thanks you very much so far!

It still does not work in the application however. I use Java:

reserveDevice() works. Shift-F1 in notepad.exe does not work any more after this (which is correct IMHO).

I do then

final BarcodeTypes bTypes = new BarcodeTypes();

bTypes.add(BarcodeType. DataMatrix);

barcodeReader.setScanTypes(bTypes);

which at least produces no exceptions.

Calling

barcodeReader.startScan();

results then in an immediate"negative" sound (but no exceptions!) and the following

barcodeReader.waitForBarcode(5000);

results then in an OperationTimedOutException.

How is this supposed to work?

Hi Wolfgang,

I have tested your configuration here and it seems to be working for me. I am using the MCA SDK v2.0 set at the default settings with the exception of the changes you mentioned which are:

Minimum barcode length =1
Barcode Type = DataMatrix

With this configuration I can press Shift-F1 and the barcode data will post to notepad without any problems.

Are there other configuration changes you have made?

Thanks.
Steve

With this configuration I can press Shift-F1 and the barcode data will post to notepad without any problems.

Shift-F1 to Notepad works for me meanwhile, as I have posted (as long as I don't change the mentioned settings). I hang now in the next step: Get it working in my application. This is where I have problems now.

I changed the two sample barcode entriesto DataMatrix and changed "MCA Application"/"ButtonHandler Callback with Data"/"Barcode" to DataMatrix only and minimal length 1.

Thanks,

Wolfgang

Additional Info: In the MCA.log I see

W [2008-12-18 12:21:04.927] {S0-P1576-T1708} [TTA] Skipping invalid (prefix not found) config file entry in the button handler list: ;DATA#DefaultHandler/InterfaceVersion
W [2008-12-18 12:21:31.958] {S0-P3872-T4012} [MCA] Platform detection is disabled.
R [2008-12-18 12:21:31.974] {S0-P3872-T4012} [HDF] Process name={C:Program FilesJavajre1.6.0_06binjavaw.exe} id={3872} attached.
W [2008-12-18 12:21:31.989] {S0-P3872-T1896} [BC_PLUGIN] No barcode type information for BarcodeType[2]
R [2008-12-18 12:21:31.989] {S0-P3872-T4012} [PCF] Loaded {Barcode Loopback Device}. Plugin Version {2.0.0.25057}, Driver Version {2.1}, Firmware Version {2.2}.
W [2008-12-18 12:21:40.083] {S0-P3872-T1452} [BC_PLUGIN] BARCODE::BarcodeLoopbackPlugin::StopScan() FAILED: PS_Error

Hi Wolfgang,

Let see if we can get it working correctly with Notepad before we add in the variable of your application. As I noted previously, making the changes from the MCA SDK default settings to set the Barcode Type to DataMatrix and the Minimum barcode length to 1 should work in Notepad so lets get that working on your system first. Once we have that resolved then we can look at any additional issues you may have using your application with the MCA SDK. To do that I would like to do the following:

1. Uninstall the MCA SDK, reboot, and reinstall. This will make sure everything is set back to factory defaults

2. After reinstalling the MCA SDK, open Notepad and verify the barcode loopback is working correctly with Notepad when you press F1

3. If step 2 works, then change the Barcode Type to DataMatrix using the MCA Configuration Editor (ConfigurationBarcode Loopback Plug-in/Barcodes/Barcode[0]/Barcode Type), and click OK.

4. Right click on the MCA tool tray icon and select Reload MCA Application Configuration

5. Open Notepad and verify the barcode loopback is still working correctly with Notepad when you press F1

6. If step 5 works, then change the Minimum barcode length to 1 using the MCA Configuration Editor (ConfigurationMCA ApplicationButton Handler Callback with DataBarcodeMinimum Barcode Length), and click OK.

7. Right click on the MCA tool tray icon and select Reload MCA Application Configuration

8. Open Notepad and verify the barcode loopback is still working correctly with Notepad when you press F1

If this does not solve the problem, then I will need your MCA configuration file and the MCA log file to look at to determine what is happening. Here are the steps to follow to provide us the info we need.

1. Right click on the MCA tool tray icon and select Exit

2. Delete the existing MCA log file located at c:tempmca.log

3. Reboot your system

4. When the system comes back up, open Notepad and press Shift-F1 to capture the

barcode

5. Using the MCA Configuration Editor, set the Logging Default Level to Debug (ConfigurationLoggingDefault Level), and click OK.

6. Right click on the MCA tool tray icon and select Reload MCA Application Configuration

7. Open or go to the Notepad window and press Shift-F1 to capture the barcode

8. Right click on the MCA tool tray icon and select Exit

At this point you should have captured the log file the actions of the MCA SDK loading at the Warn level in the log, and the actual failure and the Debug level in the log. This will allow us to see how the MCA started up, and well as see debug level of information for the actual issue. Because the debug level setting of the log file captures so much information we only like to use it to capture the failure and not all of the system load events.

Once have completed this please attach both the MCA log file (c:tempmca.log) and the MCA configuration file (c:program filesintelmcabinintelhealthcare.cfg) to the forum so we can take a look. You can attach files by clicking on the add files tab at the top of the forum reply workspace.

9.Finally, do not forget to go back into the MCA Configuration editor and set the Logging Default Level back to Warn (ConfigurationLoggingDefault Level).

Thanks,

Steve

Kommentar hinterlassen

Bitte anmelden, um einen Kommentar hinzuzufügen. Sie sind noch nicht Mitglied? Jetzt teilnehmen