Unable to run anything linked with MT Debug DLL havok libs

Unable to run anything linked with MT Debug DLL havok libs

There seems to be some error loading MSVCR80D.

I built the project with visual studio 2005, and by the way I can run the other configurations fine. Even Release Multithreaded DLL works, it's just the debug version that doesn't work.

I loaded the built executable in the "depends" tool from visual studio and there it shows me that it's the msvcr80d that it can't find.

I looked at the manifest file that's generated, and it lists 2 dependencies.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

If I manually remove the second one, it actually runs. I don't know enough about manifests to understand what I'm doing. I'm guessing it's generating a list of specific version dependencies extracted from the lib files I'm linking with, so this manual removal is not really a proper fix... I guess...

Further, the manifest for the non-debug Multi-threaded DLL also has the same two versions in non-debug:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

Yet, this one works with both entries. My guess is that perhaps at some point I installed a redist package that included the release version and installed it in my side-by-side cache, and I never got the correct debug version.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Anyone have any guesses as to what I'm missing that includes that proper debug dlls? Perhaps it's a service pack of some kind? How can I aquire the proper debug dll? Or is it a valid solution to exclude the second dependency from the manifest and embed my own custom manifest?

Thanks.
`John

AnhangGröße
Herunterladen SXS_Error.JPG25.98 KB
2 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.

I found more references online to the same problem with people linking to libraries compiled with different versions of the common runtime. Plus there was some bug in SP1 installer or something. I think I'm just going to keep working around the problem for now, and eventually I'll reinstall visual studio and SP1 and it sounds like that might fix it.

http://blogs.msdn.com/nikolad/archive/2007/03/29/a-solution-to-two-references-to-different-versions-of-crt-mfc-atl-in-one-application-manifest-file.aspx

Thanks anyway.

`John

Kommentar hinterlassen

Bitte anmelden, um einen Kommentar hinzuzufügen. Sie sind noch nicht Mitglied? Jetzt teilnehmen