looking for information sources on code optimization using the Intel CPU and the MMX/SSE family instruction set

looking for information sources on code optimization using the Intel CPU and the MMX/SSE family instruction set

Bild des Benutzers amoshkov

Im looking for information sources on code optimization using
the Intel CPU and the MMX/SSE family instruction set.

From what I have searched this group is the closest group to
the subject of code optimization / vectorization.

Could someone recommend of:

1. A good
    reference book?
  2. A relevant
    user group (within Intel Software Network or any external user group)

Thanks,

Avner

5 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.
Bild des Benutzers Tim Prince

Undoubtedly, vectorization will be crucial to the application of AVX. Your topic is still too broad. You may be interested in compiler auto-vectorization with Fortran (vast on-line resources available) or C (similar, with more requirements, some resources available), or something else. For example, the topic has been discussed frequently on the Intel compiler forum sites.

Bild des Benutzers amoshkov

Im interested in optimization for C++ code. I am using the
Intel 64 and IA-32 Architectures Software Developer's Manuals (5 volumes) for
reference.

What I am looking for is a user group where I can post
general SSE programming questions and see example source code. For example I
want to know if there is a conditional statement equivalent to if/else in SSE,
where I could condition intrinsic operations based on results in the registers.

Thanks,

Avner

Bild des Benutzers Tim Prince

SSE4 blend instructions implement if/else conditional moves, such as Fortran MERGE. Prior to SSE4, the same operation could be implemented with masks.

Bild des Benutzers srimks
Quoting - amoshkov I would suggest reading first following - "IA-32 Intel Architecture Optimization Manual", followed by - "Intel Intrinsic Functions Reference" & "Intel C++ Compiler Reference". Regarding book I would suggest - "The Software Vectorization Handbook - Aart J.C.Bik" & "Optimizing Compilers Modern Architecture - Randy Allen & Ken Kennedy". -> HIH

Melden Sie sich an, um einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen.