PTU Basic Data Profiling - tb5 file doesn't contain PEBS records

PTU Basic Data Profiling - tb5 file doesn't contain PEBS records

I'm trying out the Profile As -> Basic Data Profiling on a RHEL 4u6 x86_64 system
Processors: 2 x Xeon 2.80GHz 800MHz FSB (HT enabled, 4 threads) - Nocona E0, 64-bit, 90nm, L2: 1MB

It seems to run correctly (the 1st- and 2nd-level cache load misses and loads retired events are sampled okay), but there are several "Preprocessing failed: The passed tb5 file doesn't contain PEBS records" messages in the console, and finally, "No data profiling information to display".

Other PTU functions are working beautifully. Should this be working on my system? I built the driver to match the kernel (2.6.9-67.ELsmp).

Thanks.

3 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.

Got confused and misread..basic data profile should collect 3 precise events..1st level cache misses retired, 2nd level cache misses retired and loads retired..which are designated precise in the P4 xml file...

I am trying to determine ifPTU supports data profiling on P4's...

more soon

d

Confirmed. The collection driver does not support PEBS collection on Pentium 4 processors running linux.

Please try this on the Core2 Architecture processors where it does work with linux

thanks

d

Kommentar hinterlassen

Bitte anmelden, um einen Kommentar hinzuzufügen. Sie sind noch nicht Mitglied? Jetzt teilnehmen