Intel C++ STM Compiler installation problems on SUSE SLES 9

Intel C++ STM Compiler installation problems on SUSE SLES 9

Hello,

I installed the new STM compiler on a Linux SUSE SLES 9 box and was able to compile some simple examples. However, the installation seems to be missing some key header files. In particular, the compiler cannot locate stdargs.h.

I noticed in the installation log that the sample C++ compiles fail due to the same reason (missing stdargs.h, missing headers in the bits directory).

I found a very old installation of ICC and was able to point to the old headers, however this is not ideal.

Can anyone else verify?

Thanks, Michael

3 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.

Alright, I figured this out. I don't know if I have a non-standard GCC installation (probably) but the stdarg.h header is buried under the lib/ directory. Go figure. If I do have a standard GCC installation, then ICC was not able to locate stdarg.h under this lib/ directory. Not that I blame it. Who would put a header file under lib/? I'm using --cxx-lib to locate the GCC root directory.

-Michael

It should always reside in $PREFIX/$LIBDIR/gcc/$TARGET/$GCCVERSION/include, where $PREFIX is the directory where gcc is installed (usually /usr), $LIBDIR is either "lib" or "lib64" depending on the platform, $TARGET is the target this version of gcc builds for and $GCCVERSION is the version of gcc.

Maybe the current Intel compiler cannot handle the old version of gcc shipped with SLES9 correctly any more.

Melden Sie sich an, um einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen.