Intel Array Visualizer vs. Compaq Array Viewer

Intel Array Visualizer vs. Compaq Array Viewer

Hi,

I'm checking out the IVF evaluation edition in preparation for migration from CVF. One of the things confusing me is the new Array Viewer. Using the old Compaq Array Viewer, I could do something like the following, writing to a formatted ASCII file:

WRITE (48,'(A)') '#agl ascii data V1.0'
WRITE (48,'(A)') '#type AGL_FLOAT'
WRITE (48,'(A)') '#lang Fortran'
WRITE (48,'(A)') '#dim 174 194'

using those four lines as the header, then writing out an array of the appropriate size (in this case, 174x194). I could then open the file with Compaq Array Viewer and see the values and a visual representation of the grid.

Trying to open this file using the new visualizer seems to result in... nothing. I've had no success trying to add, for instance, Attributes, or Graph2Ds in the new visualizer. I can't seem to wrap my head around how the new visualizer works... Especially since the Compaq Visualizer always just opened the file right up with no tweaking. Any advice?

4 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.

Hi,

You should be able to open text files directly in the Viewer. As an experiment I opened storm.agl in the Compaq Array Viewer, did a Save As .txt, and then opened storm.txt in the Intel Array Viewer. The data seemed to load correctly and image and heightplot graphs were created by the loader. I've attached a screen shot.

Are you running the 9.0 version? The Viewer interface has been updated in this release to make graph, dataset, attribute creation more natural. What sort of problems are you running into?

BTW, instead of using write statements, you could just use two AV calls to save the data: avStartWatch() for each array you want to save, and then avSave to save the "watched" arrays to a file. If you use ".h5" as the file extension the data will be saved to a binary file (using the HDF5 format). If you use ".xml" as the extension, the data will be saved as ascii/XML.

John

Message Edited by JohnReadey1 on 07-15-2005 09:24 AM

Thanks!

Changing the extension to .txt fixed it. I guess the Intel visualizer expects a .agl file to be a binary, Compaq AGL file instead of a ASCII version.

OK, that was easy!

BTW, the ascii file loader for Intel AV is fairly generic. Ifthe ascii loader isn't formatting the data in a way you like, take a look at /samples/Script/ReadTable.vbs and ReadValues.vbs. For example, ReadTable.vbs reads the file into a one-dimensional array of compound type elements. The nice aspect about the scripts is that you can customize them for your particular situation.

John

Melden Sie sich an, um einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen.