Several questions about I/O

Several questions about I/O

Bild des Benutzers Deleted user

I have several questions about I/O that may or may not be related but any help would be appreciated.

I made a fortran dll that I want to use in VB How do I send the location and name of the at file to the dll? Can I send it the path name as a variable (assuming the at file is in a different location that the dll)?

Can I assign UNIT numbers to different locations (yes, I know there are default unit numbers)? Where do I do that?

Suppose I made a different dll that reads and writes to an Access data base, how do I do that? Specifically, do I use OPEN statements? What would the UNIT number be? If I want certain read statements to be assocaited with certain locations in the database (ie: rec=14), how will I know what the record numbers are associated to which record? Now, when they say record number, is that refering to a cell? a sheet? a database? And, if the data base is in a different location than the dll, how do I tell the dll where to find the database?

And lastly, if you could point me in the direction of some good (helpful) books regarding these more complex questions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

3 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.
Bild des Benutzers Steve Lionel (Intel)

You can specify the path to a file by using an OPEN statement, for example:

OPEN (UNIT=3.FILE="D:MYPATHFILE.DAT",FORM="FORMATTED")

The unit number can be any non-negative integer you want, though I suggest avoiding 0, 5 and 6.

You can pass a file name as a character argument from VB to VF, though you have to specify that is passed "by val". See the mixed-language chapter of the Visual Fortran Programmer's guide for more details.

Fortran direct access files are not the same as a spreadsheet or MS Access database - they are a series of fixed-length records addressed by record number (starting with 1). You determine what the association is.

If you want to read Excel or Access files, I suggest looking at Canaima Software's f90SQL library.

I would suggest looking through the Programmer's Guide - you can buy a printed copy if you prefer. It also sounds as if you could use some "brushing up" on the Fortran language. One of the books I like best is "Fortran 90/95 for Scientists and Engineers" by Stephen Chapman. You can get it from your favorite bookseller or through the Compaq Fortran Online Bookstore.

Steve

Steve
Bild des Benutzers Deleted user

Thanks Steve.
-TeresaK

Melden Sie sich an, um einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen.