compatibilitty with Windows XP

compatibilitty with Windows XP

Bild des Benutzers Community Admin

Have any of the users installed and worked with VF6.1 in an XP environment? Is VF6.1 compatible to run on Windows XP machines?
Thanks

8 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.
Bild des Benutzers Steve Lionel (Intel)

Not officially supported, but it should work ok. I suggest installing the 6.1A update from our web site. 6.6 is the first version supported on XP.

Steve

Steve

Generally works ok for me with a very large system of files. In debugging, sometimes freezes up for long periods; sometimes requiring a reboot to break free. If you reference memory out of bounds by accident, it genreally leads to a lockup requirinfg a reboot. XP doesn't seem as protected at Win2000, since I never experienced this behavior with it.

vaneckn, I suggest you have a system problem not directly related to XP (or CVF). The behavior you describe is not typical. (I run XP on my office development machine and do LOTS of debugging and see lots of access violations, etc. in user programs. XP never freezes or behaves inappropriately for me.

Steve

Steve

Thanks a lot people. Just another question though: i am trying to compile a program written in Fortran 4.0 in the new versio Fortran 6.1A, i am encountering an error of the type:
ERROR Spawing DF.exe
I don't understand this error message, can anyone kindly throw some light on this?

This means that the registry has not been properly set up yet. Run Per-User Setup from the Visual Fortran program group - that is usually what is needed.

Steve

Steve

Thanks again Steve. One clarification though, does your reply suggest that the manner in which Fortran 6.1 is setup in my machine is incorrect or that the manner in which i am trying to run the program is incorrect? please clarify.

You get the "error spawning DF.EXE" when you are trying to compile a program, not run it, so this has nothing to do with running your program. The Getting Started manual lists running Per-User Setup as a required post-installation step, but many miss it. In truth, it should not be necessary, but there are bugs in MS Developer Studio that require this as a workaround.

Steve

Steve

Melden Sie sich an, um einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen.