SITE BUG - AppUp beta invites - PLEASE ADDRESS

SITE BUG - AppUp beta invites - PLEASE ADDRESS

Hi, all: We at speakTECH have built the official Facebook and Twitter apps for Moblin, in partnership with the Intel marketing team. On trying to invite beta testers, we are prompted first to have them register with the dev program. I've done this successfully with two Intel employees, but the invitations to register are NOT reaching the three non-Intel employees who will be beta testing. It's urgent that we get this cured ASAP - we are trying to release the apps for the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona next week. Here's what happens: - Log in to http://appdeveloper.intel.com - Navigate to dashboard - Select application - Select Actions -->Edit application - Select Upload - Select Beta Test - Select Add Beta Testers - Enter email address: (mack-at_speaktech.com) - Click Invite - Site returns message: Beta testers must be registered in the app store. The following email addresses are not registered. You may invite them to register so that they will be eligible for the test. - Enter email address: (mack-at_speaktech.com) in formfield below message - Click "Invite to register" - Click "Send" on popup form - Site returns interface with "Beta Test" panel closed - Open "Beta Test" panel - email address is still in formfield, with no indication that message was sent Experience occurs in Win IE8 and Firefox 3 Also - for what it's worth - I tried to attach a screenshot here, but was told "only files with the following extensions are allowed: *. " It seems the file-extension config hasn't been set yet.
14 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.

Hello Mack,

the invitation EMail is quite "short" as we assume that Beta Testers are aware of the Intel AppUp™ software and thus only need to know the name of the application you want them to test. Beta Testing in its current design is not a feature for end customers to "test" your pre-released products.

Best Regards,

Andre B.

Intel® Atom™ Developer Program

Intel and Intel AppUp are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.

Hello All,

The "Invite to register" issue appears to be solved. Please let us know if you see this again.

Regards,

Hal G.

Andre - understood, thanks. From a usability standpoint, this would seem to be a needed feature once Moblin/MeeGo takes off, but we can certainly work around it for now.

Hal G. - thanks very much. We'll give it a try and report back if there are any problems.``

Thank you Hal. It seems that every day another issue is resolved bringing this Beta closer to a final product :)

Hello,

just want to let you know that the "Invite to Register" function in the Beta Test section works fine, same as to invite Beta Testers who are already using the AppUp Center.

Best Regards

Andre B.

Technical Support Team
Intel® AppUp(SM) Center

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the information.

I will investigate into this issue and get back to you.

Please can you also send us some screenshots of the messages you are getting.
You can upload the screenshots on imageshack ( http://imageshack.us/ ) and give us the links.

Regards
Rooven

Intel® Atom™ Developer Program Team

Regards, DG Rooven

The email invitations don't seem to be getting sent. Also the "send message" to my list of beta testers doesn't seem to be working.

John,

I believe Intel is looking into a similar bug affecting some users. You may want to follow this thread as well:

http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/node/1415

Mark,

I have gone through the submission process again to investigate into your issue.
It should also be pointed out that you can only invite consumers that are already registered on the AppUp(SM) Beta Client for doing the testing.
If you send invitation to other users that are not registered on the store, then you will get the message you are actually getting.

If you are using email addresses for users that are already registered on the AppUp(SM) and still getting the same issue, can you give us the email addresses and we will check them on our database.

Please send us the email address via a support ticket: http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/contact

Regards
Rooven

Intel® Atom™ Developer Program Team.

Regards, DG Rooven

Hi, Rooven, thanks for the quick response.

>> If you send invitation to other users that are not registered on the store, then you will get the message you are actually getting.

Correct, but the system seems to designed to allow me to invite non-AppUp members to REGISTER, and then invite them to be beta testers. That's what's broken.

Here's what I'm seeing after entering the name of a non-registered beta tester in the correct field:
http://yfrog.com/jpappdevbugp

This looks like a valid response, yet when I click "Invite to Register" and then in the ensuing popup I click "send" I am returned to the same page, with the "Beta Test" pane collapsed.

When I click "Beta Test" to expand the pane, I get the exact same view.

In other words, the system is throwing the same error as if I had never entered the user's name in the "Invite to Register" field.

ADDITIONALLY, ANOTHER BUG:

The beta "invites" contain absolutely no way for the recipient to access the application for download, plus they come from the sender's personal email address rather than the system. Dale gets just this two-line text message, including no link, nor any of the "pre-entered" message text:

Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2010 11:44 AM
To: Taylor, Dale T
Subject: Invitation to beta test an application

You have been invited to beta test the application Facebook for Moblin developed by speakTECH.

Please contact me at my intel address dale.t.taylor@intel.com if I can help with this. It appears that a beta account is supposed to have limited access because in the beta usage page as found here: http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/article/beta-testing item 6 just above "Known issues" says I can't download free apps, but I can. It might be at least partially related to some type of account rights and creation issues? Thanks, Dale Taylor

Hello Mack and Dale,

I was able to replicate the "Invite to register" issue and will escalate.

There is no client for BETA testing Moblin apps at this time. If you were testing Windows apps, they would show up in AppUp(TM) client under Pending downloads.

Best Regards,
Hal G.

Thanks very much, Hal.

We weren't expecting a client, but rather a link in the invitation email pointing to the downloadable installable .rpm on AppUp.

Instead, the email contains only the invitation text.

Is this intended? At the moment we're circumventing by emailing our .rpm directly to our beta users, but hoping that the site-email-link problem can be solved quickly for when we add new beta users.

yrs,

m

Kommentar hinterlassen

Bitte anmelden, um einen Kommentar hinzuzufügen. Sie sind noch nicht Mitglied? Jetzt teilnehmen