Failure Reason: INC03 - In application advertisement

Failure Reason: INC03 - In application advertisement

Hello, our software has been rejected for alleged advertising. In our software we offer of course a "About" dialog, which also included a link to our own developer website. Example screenshot, see link: http://www.abylonsoft.de/ps/screenshots/about.png Now I would like to know what it is not allowed. A link to the developer's own home page should be not create a problem, or? Or does the rejection on a different matter. If so, please define detailed, so that I can still change it if necessary. Best regards Thomas
7 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.

Thomas,

Can you also post the Failure Reason, that is the Email you received from the validation team?

Regards
Rooven

Intel® Customer Support
Intel® Atom™ Developer Program
Intel® AppUp(SM) Center

Regards,
DG Rooven

Thomas,

Does the About Box link to your root domain or a landing page? I ask because in the later case, it could be construed as advertising if it has ads to purchase another version/application.

Hello Roven! Hello Brian!
The link root to our main homepage (www.abylonsoft.com or .de). There we have a overview about our complete software products. I would like to point out that our software will be available not only on the Intel shop. We offer our software as normal shareware also. For that we offer an EXE Setup (see homepage). But we don't want to make a different on our homepage between Intel and shareware version.

abylon SELFCERT:
Additional Comments: 2 issues with promotion of applications for download or sale outside of AppUp: 1.) The Shop option is enabled in the About screen and when clicked then end user is taken to Abylon's website with Purchase and Credit card requesting page. This feature needs to be disabled in the application as promoting versions of applications outside of AppUp is not permitted. 2.) banner advertisements used to promote purchase or download of applications outside of AppUp is not permitted at this time.

Point 1 we must check at first. Normally a Shop-Link is not displayed in a Freeware-Version.
Point 2 is not clear. Therefor we make this forum post.

abylon FREEHASH:
Additional Comments: 1 issue with promotion of applicaitons for sale outside of AppUp: banner advertisements used to promote purchase or download of applications outside of AppUp is not permitted at this time.

Point 1: In this dialog we have a banner, which link to further software porducts from us.

Best regards
Thomas

Thomas,

Thank you for your reply.

I have checked the link you have provided and it does take you to a website where you can download other application. This is not allowed in an application.

abylon SELFCERT:
Issue 1: You need to disable the Shop link. This is not allowed.
Issue 2: Yes, currently there should not be any link in your applications that take you to other website where you promote your application and where consumers can buy other applications/software. This feature is not supported on the Intel® Atom™ Developer Program yet.

abylon FREEHASH:
Same as comment for Issue 2 above.

Also if you are distributing an application as trial/shareware or freeware on the AppUp(SM) Center, you should not include any link in your application that will take consumers to a website where they can buy full versions of the applications or find other application.

In general, then only link you can provide is a direct link to your support page (if you have one). If you do not have a support website, please do not include any promotional link for other applications outside the AppUp(SM).

Moreover, currently there are no web base version of the AppUp(SM), hence there is no link to include in your application for advertising your application from outside to direct consumers to the AppUp(SM) Center. The development team is working on a web-base version of the AppUp(SM). This may come in the future. At the moment we do not have any expected time when this will happen.

Regards
Rooven

Intel® Customer Support
Intel® AppUp(SM) Center

Regards,
DG Rooven

Hi Rooven,
thanks for the detailed explanation.

The Store link must be an error by us. We have to check why it is displayed. I would like to point out that we program our software not just for Intel, only adapt our existing products for AppUp. We can give Intel no exclusive rights to our software.

Additionally I have 4 questions:

1. Can we link to, the following support page from us? -> http://abylonsoft.com/esupport.php
2. Is there a page at Intel about the product or our company, we can link to?
3. Is it possible to create an new web-site with all of us in AppUp available products on our homepage. Can I link there to Intel's AppUp-webpage and use a logo of Intel?
4. What is the exact reason, why we can not advertise our products and company?

Best regards
Thomas

Hello Thomas,

1. This link appears to be a support page. By itself there is nothing wrong with it.
2. Currently there is only the Intel AppUpSM Center Beta site: http://www.intel.com/consumer/products/appup.htm#/en_US_01 There has been some discussion concerning a web-site based AppUp Center and general enhancements of the current AppUp Center with future releases.
But it’s too early to say if direct links will be implemented. This request has been forwarded to our development team.
3. We do not have a logo program at this time. The suggestion is to use the strong branding name (Intel AppUpSM Center Beta) and link to the AppUp site.
4. The validation guidelines will be updated shortly. Hopefully this will make it clearer.

Regards
Hal

Intel Customer Support
Intel AppUp(SM) Center

Kommentar hinterlassen

Bitte anmelden, um einen Kommentar hinzuzufügen. Sie sind noch nicht Mitglied? Jetzt teilnehmen