Validation issues - Not enough failure details

Validation issues - Not enough failure details

Hi, I have submitted an app (PhotoAlbum 1.0) to the App store (Moblin) for validation a few weeks back and got the following message: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Failure Reason: ILU01 - Application install Additional Comments: Application does not install to AppUp. Error log files indicate that there is an invalid argument. SIMPLE INSTALLER - START TEST-FAIL: ERR_INVALID_ARG Check Application Executable FAIL GET-EXEC-FAIL: execution command not found: UNKNOWN ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ To my surprise, at the same time we could download the app using AppUp client for Moblin and install the app without any issue. It went on very well without any user intervention and finally added an icon on the Œ'Others' folder too. But once I received an email from validation team about the failure, we were not able to download the app itself. When I re-submitted the app, now it is not even appearing in the AppUp client for download! Something weird happening here. I suspect something going wrong at the app store server. Else, how an app which we could download and install via beta testing could fail after a day? Could you please mention specifically what need to be done in order to over come this issue that you are seeing? As someone rightly mentioned in the forum, the details that validation team is providing is not at all serving developer's purpose, as it is difficult to debug an app and figure out what went wrong with such little info about the failure. As developers, we expect a detailed direction about what need to be looked into and possible fixes. I have also sent an email to the support team and waiting for a reply. Hope I will get an answer soon... Thanks, Shyamaraj KS
17 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.

Hi Guys,

Same issue here, we never had any details with respect to the failure of validation. Fixing it will take less than 1 hour but to find the issue or reproducing it will take more time :-)

We submitted two air Apps which has been already published in Adobe Market place. iContacts and iAlarm.

iContacts is still under validation it almost 14 days past since we submitted. We can understand that during initial stages there will be many roadblocks and a big queue but if we can speed up little bit that will be great.

iAlarm has been rejected saying " Application does not download or install from AppUp. The app installs and launches natively but not from within AppUp. The most common issue observed in this area has to do with properly advertised shortcuts within the .msi . Please see packaging requirements located here: http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/article/packaging-requirements and troubleshooting tips located here: http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/article/troubleshooting-validation-f... and confirm that your .msi meets the requirements. Please also see the article on beta testing: http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/article/beta-testing and beta test your application using AppUp prior to resubmission. Thank you!"

We never used .msi , we have submitted only air file. The comments says advertised shortcuts within the .msi.

Do we need to use only melrose sdks ? As mentioned in intel app site, we have build AIR app with Flex Builder 3 using Flex SDK 3.5a
It has been digitally signed.

Please let us know what has to be done.

Hi 5dollarsappm

I replied to your query on this link: http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/node/1772

We would also appreciate if in the future you post your query on any one of the appropriate forums topic rather than posting the same query everywhere. Be asure that we will always find your posts/replies and we will always reply to your post if required. We monitor the forums regularly. Any duplicate posts found will be deleted.

Regards
Rooven

Intel Technical Support
Intel® Atom™ Developer Program
Intel AppUp(SM) Center

Regards, DG Rooven

Hi Shyamaraj,

Thank you for your query.
This is the right place to post your queries.

If you have invited yourself or somebody for beta testing, the application will not appear under the list of applications available for download on the AppUp(SM). It will only appear under your pending downloads. If you had already submitted the application before, it may have been removed from beta testing. Please can you re-invite yourself or somebody in your organization for beta testing of your application again.

It appears that your application got rejected as the validation team was not able to install the application from the AppUp(SM). Please can you go through the application exectable file and check that all the paths/targets are properly set and that you have compiled the application properly.

As far as I know there has not been any changes done to the Intel® AppUp(SM) Center Moblin Version, recently

I have also forwarded your issue to the validation team to get more clarification about your application rejection.

Regards
Rooven

Intel® Customer Support
Intel® AppUp(SM) Center

Regards, DG Rooven

Shyamaraj,

When you are beta testing, are you doing so from a computer with a fresh operating system install? This part is paramount in ensuring an accurate beta test. If the app had been installed previously, it could indicate a false positive.

Hi Brian and Rooven,

Yes, I am doing the beta test from a freshly installed Moblin system. Until yesterday, the app was not even getting listed in 'My Applications', later I could see that getting listed, but when I tried downloading, it puts up the 'Ooops' error. (says: Something weird happened, the app could not be downloaded) Now I am planning to submit the app with a different GUID with a different name and see if that works.

Shyamaraj KS

Shyamaraj,

Please let us know how your test turns out using a new GUID.

I would also advise that you reply to the validation message with your questions. Replies are viewed by the validation team and replied to at their earliest opportunity. Please note that at times the validation team may take a few days to reply.

Sure Brian..

Shyamaraj KS

Shyamaraj,

Thank you for your reply.

I have forwarded you query to the validation team.
They may contact you shortly to try to bring some clarification.

Regards
Rooven

Intel® Customer Support
Intel® AppUp(SM) Center

Regards, DG Rooven

Hi Rooven,

Yesterday I got a reply from the validation team saying that the SDK that I am using is old and hence need to use the new one, v0.91. Strangely, I didn't get any notification about it earlier. Anyways, I did downloaded the latest SDK (0.91) and recompiled and uploaded again for validation. This time there is luck! I could download and install the app on a fresh Moblin installation. My beta tester also could do the same. Hope this time around the app would get cleared by the validation team..

Regards,
Shyamaraj KS.

Shyamaraj ,

It sounds like things are moving forward, best of luck. You may want to review this post as their is some advice on checking the SDK version in your app.

http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/node/1560

Hi,

One more issue I am encountering now:

I am using fresh Moblin installations each time I beta test the app to confirm that it works on a clean installation. But to my surprise, after 5 rounds, when I try to login to my AppUp client, it says that -

"Oops! You have reached the maximum number of devices that can be associated to an account. Please contact support for instructions"

How do I resolve this issue?

Regards,
Shyamaraj KS

Hi Shyamaraj KS,

Thank you for reporting this to us.

Due to some machine authorization processes that run in the back-end on the AppUp(SM) Center, sometimes you may get this error if you have been log-in to the AppUp(SM) multiple times and with different users. This mainly happens when different users use the same machine when log0in to AppUp(SM).

If this happens, please contact us, either by email or on the forum and we will do the necessary to resolve the issue.

I have made some changes to your account. Please try to log-in again and you should be able to successfully log-in to the AppUp(SM) now.

Regards
Rooven

Intel® Customer Support
Intel AppUp(SM) Center

Regards, DG Rooven

Thanks a lot Rooven, It worked for me!

Also, I could download and install the app during my beta testing.

Regards,
Shyamaraj KS.

Hi Rooven,

Can you also reset the account for the following email id? He is also facing the account maximum limit issue.

mithesh.shetty@robosoftin.com

Regards,
Shyamaraj KS

Shyamaraj KS,

It's done. :)

Regards
Rooven

Intel® Customer Support
Intel AppUp(SM) Center

Regards, DG Rooven

Thanks a lot Rooven..

Regards,
Shyamaraj KS.

Melden Sie sich an, um einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen.