Java App Failed: ILU02 - Application Uninstall

Java App Failed: ILU02 - Application Uninstall

Bild des Benutzers James Sausville
My Java application Sea Tiger failed binary validation under section ILU02 - Application Uninstall. Since my app is a Java app it does not include a msi installer. I believe the install and uninstall of a Java app is done by a msi installer supplied by Intel. There is no provision or requirement to include an uninstaller, nor is it possible to make a JAR file uninstall itself. I believe that the reviewer discovered a bug in the install/uninstall process for Java apps in the AppUp center. I would like to request that this matter be reviewed and I hope that this can be resolved quickly.
4 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.
Bild des Benutzers BrianDevArch

James,

In my experience with validation failures, my advice to you would be to reply to the message and request further details. The validation team is good about providing additional detail and screen shots as needed.

Bild des Benutzers Data Virtue

I was wondering about that at first then I realized that they required a single jar file for the java apps. If you have an installer/uninstaller there is no need to have a single jar. Unless it's meant to prevent resource location problems, since Java doesn't typically access the registry on Windows.

Bild des Benutzers Data Virtue

Accidental Double Post

Melden Sie sich an, um einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen.