Compiler warning and missing .lib files after switching to SDK 1.0

Compiler warning and missing .lib files after switching to SDK 1.0

I am trying out the SDK 1.0. The only new stuff I could see is the newly structured file directory and the addition of a debugging tool. Before I install the 1.0 SDK, I removed the old version including all the binaries and code. The problem I am having is as I tried to compile the sample code that came with the SDK as is, I got lots of warnings about the adpcored.lib . However, the compiler managed to generate a .exe file which I could run in conjunction with the debugger that came with the SDK. As I read through the doc in an attempt to resolve the warning, I noticed that the psapi.lib and shlwapi.lib are missing from the SDK package dispite what the doc says. Was it intentional? I think there is something goofy going on with this new SDK. Did anyone validate the package include the files are that supposed to be in the kit before releasing it? For now I'll stick with the old version. Included are some the warnings as I tried to compile the SDK code as is using vs2009. LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMTD' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library adpcored.lib(XKMSValidityIntervalImpl.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc90.pdb' was not found with '../../../lib\adpcored.lib' or at 'C:\Program Files\Intel\IntelAppUpSDK\Cpp\Samples\cpp\Debug\vc90.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info adpcored.lib(XKMSValidateResultImpl.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc90.pdb' was not found with '../../../lib\adpcored.lib' or at 'C:\Program Files\Intel\IntelAppUpSDK\Cpp\Samples\cpp\Debug\vc90.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info a
8 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.

Hello.

I had the first warning only

LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMTD' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library

If you don't use this library directly in your program, that warning can be easily fixed with the following

1 - Go to the properties of your Project
2 - Go to Linker -> Input
3 - Where it says "Ignore Specific Library" add "libcmt.lib"
4 - Click on "OK" to save.

The other two I never had them and I just moved to the SDK 1.0 for the DLL Wrappers we offer. I don't remember seeing either psapi.lib or shlwapi.lib on the SDK lib folder, but in

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Lib

I hope this helps

zarniwoop,

I was able to compile new and existing projects without error. How do the samples compile for you?

Please be aware that any applications submitted with the outdated version of the AppUp SDK will fail the validation process.

Are you compiling in retail or debug version? I noticed that if I compile under debug, I get 100+ warnings and it seems that the debug object was not attached to adpcored.lib. If I compile under retail, the only thing I get is this warning: LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library. While yes I could "hide" this warning, but I don't really like hide any warnings unless there is a good reason.

I even extracted the objects of the adpcored.lib and looked at the path using the lib utility and change my Linker -> Debugging -> Generate Program Database File macro, but it didn't help much.

Hi, I am experiencing the same warning and errors (in Debug) as zarniwoop. I have VS2010 and just installed a fresh copy of VS2008 Pro to work with AppUp.

zarniwoop,

You may change the Visual Studio 2008 Linker setting for "Ignore Specific Library" to include "libcmt.lib,libcpmt.lib". This will resolve any duplicate reference issues, Please let me know if you need any help.

OK, that works for the release build. And also for an incremental link for the debug build (ignoring libcmtd.lib and lipcpmtd.lib)

BUT a full link has multiple warnings, as below,

1>Linking...
1>LINK : C:\Program Files\Intel\IntelAppUpSDK\Cpp\Samples\cpp\Debug\extendExample.exe not found or not built by the last incremental link; performing full link
1>adpcored.lib(XKMSValidityIntervalImpl.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc90.pdb' was not found with '../../../lib\adpcored.lib' or at 'C:\Program Files\Intel\IntelAppUpSDK\Cpp\Samples\cpp\Debug\vc90.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
1>adpcored.lib(XKMSValidateResultImpl.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc90.pdb' was not found with '../../../lib\adpcored.lib' or at 'C:\Program Files\Intel\IntelAppUpSDK\Cpp\Samples\cpp\Debug\vc90.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
1>adpcored.lib(XKMSValidateRequestImpl.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc90.pdb' was not found with '../../../lib\adpcored.lib' or at 'C:\Program Files\Intel\IntelAppUpSDK\Cpp\Samples\cpp\Debug\vc90.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info

It would be nice to have clean builds.

zing0000,

Please check that you are including the correct version of the AppUp SDK libraries (debug versus release).

Melden Sie sich an, um einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen.