Win7 validation failed (Does Internet connection exist?)

Win7 validation failed (Does Internet connection exist?)

Hello! I have the following problem: validation in XP is OK, but in Win7 failed. According to attached screenshot it seems like Win7 computer has no Internet connection, or the connection is through a proxy. So, I'd like to know if the computer, which is used for validation, has Internet connection. And if the connection exists, whether is it direct or through the proxy?. Thanks, Eugeny
4 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.

Hi Eugeny,

Yes, indeed the systems the validation team use do have internet connection. However I cannot confirm if it is on proxy or not. They also check applications while offline.

Also, it should be noted that users of the AppUp(SM) Center do not always have to be online to be able to use an app which they have downloaded. Users should be able to use an app without being online. Having said that, there are some exceptions. Some applications (for example a social media app) might need constant internet connection to work properly. In these cases, the user need to be online all the time they are accessing the app.

Does your application requires constant internet connection?
If yes and if it generates any error if there is no internet connection, you need to properly handle the error and pass the message to the user.

Another way to find out if your application is working fine on Windows 7 is to beta test the app (if you have not done it) prior to submitting it for validation. This will help you identify any issues that occur when using the app on the supported operating system.

I hope this helps. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any queries.

Regards
Rooven

Intel AppUp(SM) Center
Intel AppUp(SM) Developer Program

Regards, DG Rooven

Hi Rooven,

Thanks for your reply. My application is chat client and requires constant Internet connection. When it could connect to the server (e.g. by connection loss) it shows balloon message "IRC failed: Connection to server failed". However, showing this message was reported as GEN01 error (Windows 7).
There was no validation results about WinXP (I suppose it passed validation), and was reported that the application passes 64-bit validation.

So I'd like to know whay my next steps should be. Should I replace the message by something else (what exactly ?) or should I add "constant Interent connection" as a requirement and resubmit the application.

Thanks,
Eugeny

Hello Eugeny,

I just looked at your validation report and it appears there may be more issues than the error message you listed. I will ask that a validation TME contact you to assist.

Regards
Hal G.
Technical Support Team
Intel AppUp(SM) Developer Program
Intel AppUp(SM) center

*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.

Kommentar hinterlassen

Bitte anmelden, um einen Kommentar hinzuzufügen. Sie sind noch nicht Mitglied? Jetzt teilnehmen