The parameter is incorrect validation fail

The parameter is incorrect validation fail

Bild des Benutzers Kylemc
Hello I recently submitted my app for validation and then received "The parameter is incorrect" error. Normally I would dig through my msi file and code, however I am unable to reproduce this error at all. I have downloaded the app on 6 different beta test computers from various people, 3 of which are laptops, and the app ran downloaded, installed, and ran fine from every one of those tests. I have no idea what is causing the failure because I cannot reproduce the reported error. Any help on this will greatly appreciated Thanks, Kyle
7 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.
Bild des Benutzers Andreas Breitschopp

Hello Kyle,

when exactly did you receive this error message:
directly when submitting the app or as a rejection reason from the validation team?

Best regards
Andreas

Hello,
It was a rejection reason from the validation team.

After extensive testing I was finally able to reproduce the error. The error would only occur on machines running on win 7 sp 1. So I will fix it and resubmit.

Bild des Benutzers Andreas Breitschopp

Hello Kylemc,

good to see you found it.

But that was really a very special bug then!

Best regards
Andreas

yes, very special indeed, and very difficult to track down.

Bild des Benutzers BrianDevArch

Kylemc,

This is were having a virtual test environment loaded up with one of each OS speeds things along. Ditto to seeing odd behavior in apps under Windows 7 SP1 versus non Sp1. Glad you found the source of the issue.

Melden Sie sich an, um einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen.