Localisation story?

Localisation story?

Hello, is there a localisation story or one planned? I couldn't find any documentation about localisation. Do I need to produce a separate installer for each separate locale? Or is there a way to include all the locales within the one installer? Thanks for any info. regards,
5 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.

Are these you want ?
http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/forums/updated-testing-multi-language-apps-windows-and-meego-clients
http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/article/testing-multi-language-apps-intel-appupsm-center

Hi,

thank you very much for the links. That seems to show steps for testing multi language apps, but is missing details on how to develop them. I guess I'll check out apps on the store and see if I can figure out what they do.

thanks,

Hey Rene - I think you can build your app in such a way with string data (say in a JS data structure) and UTF-8 chars so that you can allow the user to change your UI language. For example with a drop down selection box. I believe (but have not really tested this) that QTWebkit will render other language chars.
I've done this in fact with encapsulator .. my UI strings are all in a javascript file and can be dynamically changed. My HTML markup doesn't contain lang specific strings ...just a bunch of empty SPAN elements which I then programmatically fill with the correct strings based on element ID values.

AFAIK - with your App submission the default language that appears when the app first starts must be one of the supported languages (English, Francais, Espanol, Deutch, Italiano) .. this is so that validation can actually validate functionality in one of the supported languages.

hope this helps.

Hi,

that sounds like a plan.

I wonder if navigator.language could be set based on the app up store? So the user wouldn't need to set language for every app.

thanks,

Kommentar hinterlassen

Bitte anmelden, um einen Kommentar hinzuzufügen. Sie sind noch nicht Mitglied? Jetzt teilnehmen