Validation rejected for not installing silently, but it does!

Validation rejected for not installing silently, but it does!

My app failed validation last week, and I have no idea why. The PDF I got back said that my application didn't install correctly, and showed a screenshot of an error message coming from the Intel AppUp application saying that the installation failed. They also said it failed because the button didn't change from download to launch. I received no suggestions as to why this was happening, just directed back towards the documentation (Which I have read again and again). To my knowledge, I have done everything contained in the documentation. I have emailed the appeal board 3 times, but have received no response. My MSI is small, installs one EXE, one DLL, and a shortcut. It is digitally signed. It installs silently. I have tested the installer on XP, Windows 7 32 and 64 bit. Everything works the way it should. Any ideas? Is application GUID Intel gave me supposed to be used in the product code of the MSI? I didn't do that (saw nothing in the documentation to do that), but I'm thinking maybe it should be so the store recognizes that the app is installed? Niles
7 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.

Hello Niles,

The Debug GUID needs to be used when you develop and test your application on your PC.
The SDK documentation describes what you need to do.

Once you have tested your application on your PC with the SDK, you generate a production GUID on this website using "My Dashboard". Replace the Debug GUID with the production GUID, recompile your application and submit your project.

Regards
Hal G.
Technical Support Team
Intel® Atom™ Developer Program
Intel AppUp(SM) Center

I didn't use the SDK (which is not required according to the documentation). The only GUID I can control is the product code in the MSI installer.

What do developers who do not use the SDK need to do? This is not documented.

Niles

Hi Niles,

I will request that one of our validation TMEs contacts you.

Regards
Hal G.
Technical Support Team
Intel AppUp(SM) Developer Program
Intel AppUp(SM) center

*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.

Thanks Hal!

I have just emailed Niles with the cause of the issue. In his MSI Shortcut Property, the target field contains brackets.

The Application Shortcuts Issue of this document states that brackets in the shortcut target field are not compatible with AppUp (AppUp will throw an error code 2009): http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/article/troubleshooting-validation-failures

TextAdventure2012.msi contains this value in that field: [#TextAdventure2012.exe]

Very interesting.

Essentially, you're saying the shortcuts should be "advertised". This will make the target a feature in the table.

For some MSI creators, it's a simple radio button check to make the shortcuts advertised. Explaining it this way too in the documentation might ring bells for some of us developers. :)

Thanks for the the help. I will make the change an re-submit.

Niles

Melden Sie sich an, um einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen.