For Meta info change, do I have to submit the app for (Re)Validation

For Meta info change, do I have to submit the app for (Re)Validation

Hi, For an application which is already published, downloaded and bought; do I've to resubmit the app for (Re) validation if I want to make some superficial changes to meta info only? Say I want to change the price of my app (Already published through the validation process) then can I simply log-in, go to the app, make superficial changes (No change to MSI, only price to be updated) or do I've to get the app (Re)validated? Can I do the same(Simple change to the meta info) to all the published apps? Thanks in advance, Jayant Akolkar
4 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.

Hi Jayant,

Yes, for any changes that you make in an app you need to re-submit for validation.
However whenever you make a change to an app it is recommended to specify in the 'Notes to Validation' what changes were made. This will get your application to be re-validated quicker as the validation team will mainly re-validate the changes only.

Also if you have not changed the binary, it is generally a quicker re-validation, as long as you specify what changes were made.

I hope this helps. Please do not hesitate to ask me if you have any questions.

Regards
Rooven

Intel AppUp(SM) developer program
Intel AppUp(SM) center

Regards,
DG Rooven

Hi Rooven,
Thanks for your reply. But I'm still confused. Here is my re-phrased question. Some of my apps on IDAP are priced very high, Some of them were bought as well. Now these apps have been viewed/tried many times. To boost the sale of the apps, all I want to do is slash the price substantially. The apps in its current form of functionality are very much acceptable, so I won't be changing the binaries. All I need to do is cut the price substantially. So do I need to upload the MSI for validation or simply log on to IADP, re-submit the app (Without uploading the MSI ) for validation with only price changed (No change in logo, brief description, long description, screen shots)?

Thanks again.
Jayant Akolkar

Hi Jayant,

Thanks for getting back and sorry if I did not clarify this earlier.

So in your case you need to re-submit the app for validation after making the changes (updating the price) but you do not have to re-upload the MSI/Binary. Simply update the price, add a note to the validation team (in the validation section/tab) mentioning what changes you made then re-submit the app for validation.

The same applies to any other apps you plan to update. Any updates (whether it is meta-data, price and/or binary) you make to an app need to be re-submitted for validation. Re-uploading binary/MSI when resubmitting for validation is only required if you have made changes to the binary.

I hope this helps now. Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards
Rooven

Intel AppUp(SM) center
Intel AppUp(SM) developer program

Regards,
DG Rooven

Kommentar hinterlassen

Bitte anmelden, um einen Kommentar hinzuzufügen. Sie sind noch nicht Mitglied? Jetzt teilnehmen