Inherited elemental generic operator used as elemental operator gives ice

Inherited elemental generic operator used as elemental operator gives ice

Inherited type bound generic operators used in an "elemental context" cause an ICE with 13.0.0.0.0.089.

MODULE m20121015
  IMPLICIT NONE

PRIVATE

TYPE, ABSTRACT, PUBLIC :: parent
  CONTAINS
    PROCEDURE(parent_op), DEFERRED :: op
    GENERIC :: OPERATOR(.op.) => op
  END TYPE parent

ABSTRACT INTERFACE
    ELEMENTAL FUNCTION parent_op(arg) RESULT(r)
      IMPORT :: parent
      IMPLICIT NONE
      CLASS(parent), INTENT(IN) :: arg
      REAL :: r
    END FUNCTION parent_op
  END INTERFACE

TYPE, EXTENDS(parent), PUBLIC :: t
  CONTAINS
    PROCEDURE :: op => t_op
  END TYPE t
CONTAINS
  ELEMENTAL FUNCTION t_op(arg) RESULT(r)
    CLASS(t), INTENT(IN) :: arg
    REAL :: r    
    r = 1.0
  END FUNCTION t_op
END MODULE m20121015
PROGRAM TheWifeDrankAllMyWine
  USE m20121015
  IMPLICIT NONE
  TYPE(t) :: t_array(10)
  !****
  PRINT *, .op. t_array
END PROGRAM TheWifeDrankAllMyWine

>ifort /check:all /warn:all /standard-semantics ElementalOperator.f90
Intel(R) Visual Fortran Compiler XE for applications running on IA-32, Version 13.0.0.089 Build 20120731
Copyright (C) 1985-2012 Intel Corporation.  All rights reserved.
ElementalOperator.f90(26): remark #7712: This variable has not been used.   [ARG]
  ELEMENTAL FUNCTION t_op(arg) RESULT(r)
--------------------------^
ElementalOperator.f90(38): catastrophic error: **Internal compiler error: internal abort** Please report this error alon
g with the circumstances in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report.  Note: File and line given may not be explic
it cause of this error.
compilation aborted for ElementalOperator.f90 (code 1)

Unrelated, but 13.0.0 has developed a habit here of complaining "Fatal compilation error: Out of memory asking for 2097160." after sending my machine into a swapping frenzy,  Same number, different projects with basically unrelated source.  Remarkable.

12 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.

While we are mulling on the topic of things type bound and generic... procedure resolution has a glitch in the case where there is both a matching specific binding and an elemental binding.

MODULE m20121016

IMPLICIT NONE

PRIVATE

TYPE, PUBLIC :: t

CONTAINS

PROCEDURE :: elemental => elemental_proc

PROCEDURE :: array => array_proc

GENERIC :: binding => elemental, array

END TYPE t

CONTAINS

ELEMENTAL SUBROUTINE elemental_proc(obj, arg)

CLASS(t), INTENT(IN) :: obj

INTEGER, INTENT(IN) :: arg

END SUBROUTINE elemental_proc
  PURE SUBROUTINE array_proc(obj, arg)

CLASS(t), INTENT(IN) :: obj

INTEGER, INTENT(IN) :: arg(:)

END SUBROUTINE array_proc

END MODULE m20121016
PROGRAM ICanFeelAFourexComingOn

USE m20121016

IMPLICIT NONE

TYPE(t) :: obj

CALL obj%binding([1,2,3])

END PROGRAM ICanFeelAFourexComingOn

>ifort /check:all /warn:all /standard-semantics ElementalResolution.f90

Intel(R) Visual Fortran Compiler XE for applications running on IA-32, Version 13.0.0.089 Build 20120731

Copyright (C) 1985-2012 Intel Corporation.  All rights reserved.
(...elided "not used" warnings...)

ElementalResolution.f90(26): error #8443: This generic type bound procedure reference has two or more specific procedure

s with the same type/rank/keyword signature.   [BINDING]

CALL obj%binding([1,2,3])

-----------^

compilation aborted for ElementalResolution.f90 (code 1)

I think the two bindings are distinguishable (different rank) and hence resolvable by F2008 12.5.6 p2.

Bump, and while we are here + 1, I would have expected a compile time diagnostic for the following program (which is completely unrelated to the above, but this will be an opportunity for the Intel folk to try out the moderation tools that came with this new forum :) ):

PROGRAM ArrayElementsDoNotHaveTheAllocatableAttribute

IMPLICIT NONE

INTEGER, ALLOCATABLE :: a(:)

!****

ALLOCATE(a(1))

! The argument to the ALLOCATED intrinsic violates 13.7.11 p3.

PRINT *, ALLOCATED(a(1))

END PROGRAM ArrayElementsDoNotHaveTheAllocatableAttribute

(I'm pretty sure that the assertion in the program name is right, but if not, then ummm... ignore this post!)

>ifort /check:all /warn:all /standard-semantics /stand:f03 "2012-10-18 allocated.f90" && "2012-10-18 allocated.exe"

Copyright (C) 1985-2012 Intel Corporation.  All rights reserved.
Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 10.00.40219.01

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
"-out:2012-10-18 allocated.exe"

-subsystem:console

"2012-10-18 allocated.obj"

T

If you poke the name of a non-allocatable scalar variable into the allocated intrinsic the compiler does complain, so the machinery to check 13.7.11p3 is available somewhere.

Thanks, we'll take a look at these.

Steve

The error in the first post has been escalated as issue DPD200237594.
The error in the second post has been escalated as issue DPD200237595.
Third post's issue is escalated as DPD200237596. This looked familiar but I couldn't find a previous report of it.

Steve

The third post's problem will be fixed in a future major release. The other two are still being worked on.

Steve

Regarding the second post's issue:

Changing the order of the GENERIC declation to list the array function prior to the elemental function is a workaround.

GENERIC :: binding => array, elemental ! works

As in the test:

GENERIC :: binding => elemental, array ! fails

Steve

The problems in the first and second posts will be fixed in Update 2.

Steve

Steve:

This thread brings to the front a shortcoming of the forum software. Ian has wantonly weaved several topics into a single thread ("rope"?), and you have replied with references such as "the second post", etc. If I wish to look up, say, "the fourth post", I am faced with hindrances.

Since there is no numbering for the posts, one has to scroll through the entire thread from the beginning, and keep an accurate mental record of the sequence number of the posts within the thread. Does Intel really want Forum readers to go through such harrowing mental exercises in 2013?

Is there a reason not to number the posts within a thread and display those numbers, or am I blaming a shortcoming of my browser (Firefox) upon the Intel forum software?

Thanks.

I find this as irritating as you do. I have asked for post numbering and links - I will remind the developers of this request. At least I figured out how to construct links to individual posts. You take the thread URL and add #comment-nnnnnnnn . You can get the nnnnnnnn by hovering over the Quote link and noting the number in the URL after the thread number.

For example, the second post in this thread is http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/329001#comment-1711056

Steve

Steve,

You wrote: "You take the thread URL and add #comment-nnnnnnnn . You can get the nnnnnnnn by hovering over the Quote link and noting the number in the URL after the thread number."

That's a useful tip. However, the comment numbers are not always consecutive within a thread. For example, my first post in this thread has comment number 1719445, whereas your one-liner immediately before that one is numbered 1719437. Thus, comment number arithmetic may not give the post number.

I didn't say the numbers are consecutive. You have to look at the "Quote" URL for the specific comment you want to reference.

Steve

Melden Sie sich an, um einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen.