c++11 move semantics not recognized?

c++11 move semantics not recognized?

Bild des Benutzers Knute L.

The attached file compiles with gcc v4.7.0 with the following compile time options:

% g++ -g2 -O3 -std=c++0x -Wall -Wextra -Winline -Werror -Winit-self -Wno-unused-function -Wno-sequence-point -Wno-inline -fPIC  -Wall -W -Wcast-qual -Wpointer-arith  -m64 -Woverloaded-virtual move_semantics.cpp

But I get barfage with icc v13.0.1:

/../gcc-470/include/c++/4.7.0/bits/stl_construct.h(77): error: function "A::A(const A &)" (declared at line 13 of "move_semantics.cpp") cannot be referenced -- it is a deleted function
{ ::new(static_cast<void*>(__p)) _T1(std::forward<_Args>(__args)...); }
^
detected during:
instantiation of "void std::_Construct(_T1 *, _Args &&...) [with _T1=A, _Args=<A &>]" at line 77 of "/../gcc-470/include/c++/4.7.0/bits/stl_uninitialized.h"
instantiation of "_ForwardIterator std::__uninitialized_copy<_TrivialValueTypes>::__uninit_copy(_InputIterator, _InputIterator, _ForwardIterator) [with _TrivialValueTypes=false, _InputIterator=A *, _ForwardIterator=A *]" at line 119 of "/../gcc-470/include/c++/4.7.0/bits/stl_uninitialized.h"
instantiation of "_ForwardIterator std::uninitialized_copy(_InputIterator, _InputIterator, _ForwardIterator) [with _InputIterator=A *, _ForwardIterator=A *]" at line 260 of "/../gcc-470/include/c++/4.7.0/bits/stl_uninitialized.h"
instantiation of "_ForwardIterator std::__uninitialized_copy_a(_InputIterator, _InputIterator, _ForwardIterator, std::allocator<_Tp> &) [with _InputIterator=A *, _ForwardIterator=A *, _Tp=A]" at line 283 of "/../gcc-470/include/c++/4.7.0/bits/stl_uninitialized.h"
instantiation of "_ForwardIterator std::__uninitialized_move_if_noexcept_a(_InputIterator, _InputIterator, _ForwardIterator, _Allocator &) [with _InputIterator=A *, _ForwardIterator=A *, _Allocator=std::allocator<A>]" at line 413 of "/../gcc-470/include/c++/4.7.0/bits/vector.tcc"
instantiation of "void std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::_M_emplace_back_aux(_Args &&...) [with _Tp=A, _Alloc=std::allocator<A>, _Args=<int &>]" at line 102 of "/../gcc-470/include/c++/4.7.0/bits/vector.tcc"
instantiation of "void std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::emplace_back(_Args &&...) [with _Tp=A, _Alloc=std::allocator<A>, _Args=<int &>]" at line 28 of "move_semantics.cpp"compilation aborted for move_semantics.cpp (code 2)

In a nutshell, I don't think the Intel compiler is recognizing the default move constructor.  Of course, since C++11 is a bit new to me, I might be exploiting a bug in gcc and I'm actually violating the spec...

AnhangGröße
Herunterladen move-semantics.cpp447 Bytes
3 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.
Bild des Benutzers Judith Ward (Intel)

yes, that is correct. Our current compiler does not support generated move constructor or move assignment operators.
This is supported in our currently under development compiler so you can look forward to this in our next release.

Bild des Benutzers Knute L.

Gotcha, thanks for the update. Don't suppose you can share the timeline on that release...?

Melden Sie sich an, um einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen.