Intellisense language parsing

Intellisense language parsing

Bild des Benutzers sgeard@cad-schroer.co.uk

Is it possible to run the language parser separately? I ask because the code I'm working on has at least one file that causes VS 2010 to crash whilst it is being parsed. I have turned the feature off so I can work but I'd like to identify which files are causing the problem.

Thanks,

Simon

7 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.
Bild des Benutzers Steve Lionel (Intel)

No, it isn't. We are aware of two situations that can trigger this problem, both dealing with fixed-form source with continued source lines.

1. An operator such as .LT. is split across source lines
2. Splitting a Hollerith constant (such as 10HABCDEFGHIJ) across source lines

Both will be fixed in Update 2, planned for late January.

Steve

I've checked the file on which the parser had stopped immediately prior to the crash and it is (1) above, so I'll wait for update 2.

Thanks,

Simon

Bild des Benutzers Steve Lionel (Intel)

Can't you just edit the source to readjust where the line splits? Or is this all machine-generated code?

Steve

The problem is that there are actually quite a lot of files which have this type of line. Not great coding I agree, but it is the way code was written years ago. For us it is a real plus to have found out why Visual Studio kept crashing and be able to stop it, but I'm fairly sure I won't be allocated time to trawl throught all the fixed-format code looking for this type of construct - particularly if it's going to be fixed at the next update.

Simon

Bild des Benutzers lklawrie

If it's just VS, can't you use the command line version of the compiler?

Linda

No. When a solution is opened VS automatically starts parsing all the files in the solution to build its intellisense database; it is that operation that is causing VS to crash when it encounters one of these files. The file itself compiles without problem.

Melden Sie sich an, um einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen.