ifort 2013 -fp-model changes from 2011

ifort 2013 -fp-model changes from 2011

I have my fortran code solving finite elemnt problems for CFD applications. I'm using ifort since 2010. I was frustrated today to find that test cases I used to solve with no problem are actually not working any more. I spent more than 10 hours today trying to find out why. ifort 2011 works fine, it is 2013 which I have just installed on one of my machines. I had to specifically include -fp-model source in the compiler options in order to get ifort 2013 to work. I also included -fimf-arch-consistency=true . I'm wondering what is the detault -fp-model in 2013 and why you have changed it from that of 2011. I'm also curuis about how much would speciifing both option affact the performance

Thanks!

Bassem Girgis

3 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.

The default did not change - it is still "fast". What is more likely is that your code is sensitive to optimization choices and that a new or different optimization caused results to change.

Do you know that you need -fimf-arch-consistency? You might if you run the program across different processor generations or brands.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

-fp-model source will prevent vectorization of sum reductions. It also sets -prec-div -prec-sqrt -noftz. Any of those you could set back to your desired setting; their effect on performance varies with CPU model as well as with your application. If your reason for setting -fp-model source is to get standard treatment of parentheses, -assume protect_parens will do that without disabling other optimizations.
-fimf-arch-consistency would most likely affect performance of math functions. We saw big improvements in ifort 13.0.1 where it no longer reduces performance significantly.

Kommentar hinterlassen

Bitte anmelden, um einen Kommentar hinzuzufügen. Sie sind noch nicht Mitglied? Jetzt teilnehmen