problem installing IntelVisualFortran, integration into VisualStudio

problem installing IntelVisualFortran, integration into VisualStudio

Hi all

This is my first post. I hope I am in the right place. If not, let me know where should I ask for installation problems. 

I want to install Intel Visual Fortran 2013. I assume it requires Visual Studio. I downloaded & installed Visual Studio 2010 from Microsoft site which Intel recommended site(http://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-visual-fortran-studio-xe-evaluation). Upon installing IVF13, it says: The Intel(R) Composer XE2013 requires that a Microsoft* development product be installed. Refer to the Release Notes for a list of the required Microsoft* development tools.
If I continue installing, in a window it asks for integration with MS VS but non of choices are selectable. How can I resolve this issue?

I should add that as I don't have enough space in my C: drive, I installed VS in my D: drive and also I want to install IVF13 in D as well. Does it matter?

AnhangGröße
Herunterladen integration.jpg118.16 KB
15 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.

You must install the C++ development option of VS2010 in order for ifort to work with it.
In principle, VS2010 on D: should work. I expect you mayneed to select an "expert" option when it is offered in ifort installation to get the option to select installation on D:.
If you don't have a qualifying version of Visual Studio ifort should offer to install with VS2010 Shell which comes with full (not trial) versions.

In your Visual Studio, do Help > About, then Copy Info. Paste the results into a reply here. My guess is that you downloaded an "Express" edition of Visual Studio, which is not supported. However, if you bought Intel Visual Fortran it includes Visual Studio 2010 Shell which is all you need for Fortran development. Be sure to download the installer that includes the shell.

If you have an evaluation license, the shell is not available to you. In that case you would need the free 90-day trial of Visual Studio Professional Edition.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Dear Steve

The content of info is as follows:

Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
Version 10.0.30319.1 RTMRel
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 4.0.30319 RTMRel

Installed Version: Professional

Microsoft Office Developer Tools 01018-532-2002163-70794
Microsoft Office Developer Tools

Microsoft Visual F# 2010 01018-532-2002163-70794
Microsoft Visual F# 2010

Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Team Explorer 01018-532-2002163-70794
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Team Explorer

I should add that after instaltion of VS2010 Professional, it gave some warning message, but it works. I have attached a screenshot.

These issues have took lots of my time and I am really frustrated trying to resolve it.
In short sentence, I have a FORTRAN code and I need to do some modification into it and the run it. The only thing I want from VS is the debugging capability. VS is about 3.3 Gb and I don't have fast Internet connection. Also space problem in my laptop has forced me to delete many less-wanted programs.
I will highly appreciate if you could kindly tell me a simple way for debugging.

Anlagen: 

You don't have Visual C++ installed - you need that. Did you deselect that when installing VS? DO a "Change/Modify" on VS, select Visual C++ and make sure that the "X64 compiler and tools" subcomponent is selected. Then reinstall Fortran.

Quote:

Steve Lionel (Intel) wrote:

You don't have Visual C++ installed - you need that. Did you deselect that when installing VS? DO a "Change/Modify" on VS, select Visual C++ and make sure that the "X64 compiler and tools" subcomponent is selected. Then reinstall Fortran.

Yes I deselect it upon installation as I thought it is not necessary. What a stupid action.
Ok I will do as you instruct, but I installed it from Internet. Is Change/Modify of VS could b done offline or it also needs Internet connection?

This is my first experience with VS. I searched the menus of VS but couldn't find Change/Modify button/command. Where is it?

Sorry for basic question, as I don't have enough knowledge in this field but desperately need to debug a fortran code.

Quote:

This is my first experience with VS. I searched the menus of VS but couldn't find Change/Modify button/command. Where is it?

Rerun the VS installer and choose Change/Modify, or use the Windows Programs and Features control panel and choose Microsoft Visual Studio and do Change/Modify.

Quote:

mecej4 wrote:

Quote:

Rerun the VS installer and choose Change/Modify, or use the Windows Programs and Features control panel and choose Microsoft Visual Studio and do Change/Modify.

Dear mecej4
Thanks for your reply. I was about to do same when I reviewed what I had done for installation. I think in this case it will need Internet connection.
I do remember where I delselected some features. I have to go there again.
I will post here what happened and if everything go very well or not.
Anyway getting result from a Fortran code was hard for me from long time ago. It is an easy language esp with present advancement and interaction with VS and other stuff.
Thanks for your help

As far as I know, no Internet connection is needed, as long as you still have the installer available.

Quote:

As far as I know, no Internet connection is needed, as long as you still have the installer available.

What I have downloaded, is as follows:
Product Name: Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional - ENU
Product Version: 10.0.30319.01
Original file name: vs_proweb.exe
Company: Microsoft Corporation
Size: 4437 KB
Double clicking it, opens a windows which starts to download from Internet.

I have attached the windows it shows for download/installation (Please have a look, if it helps you to help me for expedition of the process).
It doesn't work without Internet connection.
And with slow speed I have, at present more 5 hours has been passed and it is still in its 1/3ed. I think I have to wait for 10 more hours to complete downloading.

If you know better way to download so that I can save time, please let me know.

sorry I couldn't upload in previous email.
This is the Image I was talking in previous email

Anlagen: 

AnhangGröße
Herunterladen enu-download-page.jpg96.87 KB

Also one more question.
As you can see in the top-right side of download/installation windows, it says "Maintenance Mode"
What does it mean?

Ok - you have the "web installer" which downloads the pieces. Maintenance Mode means you are modifying the existing installation - that's what you want here.

Quote:

Ok - you have the "web installer" which downloads the pieces. Maintenance Mode means you are modifying the existing installation - that's what you want here.

Dear Steve
Thanks for your reply.
This type of download is extremely slow. Do you know any other alternative?
My fear is that after about 15 hours and completion of download it gives another error message and requests for resume of download.

Where did you get your copy of Intel Visual Fortran? Is it on DVD or did you download it? The DVD, and some downloads, include Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Shell so you don't need anything else.

Kommentar hinterlassen

Bitte anmelden, um einen Kommentar hinzuzufügen. Sie sind noch nicht Mitglied? Jetzt teilnehmen