Unresovled objects from fortan libarry

Unresovled objects from fortan libarry

Hi all

I have inherited a mixed C++/Fortran application that is kicking out a lot of linking errors. The following objects are kicking out as unresolved. It is either a LNK2001 and LNK2019 error

_for_check_mult_overflow  _for_alloc_allocatable referenced in function _RECOREP tracgfor.lib TRACG  _for_alloc_allocatable tracgfor.lib TRACG  _for_cpystr tracgfor.lib TRACG  _for_write_seq_lis_xmit tracgfor.lib TRACG  _for_cpstr tracgfor.lib TRACG  _for_secnds tracgfor.lib TRACG  _for_close tracgfor.lib TRACG  _for_open tracgfor.lib TRACG  _for_write_seq_fmt tracgfor.lib TRACG  _for_rewind tracgfor.lib TRACG  _for_read_seq_xmit referenced in function _TR_TRANS tracgfor.lib TRACG  _for_write_seq_fmt_xmit tracgfor.lib TRACG  _for_inquire tracgfor.lib TRACG  _for_trim tracgfor.lib TRACG  _for_len_trim tracgfor.lib TRACG  _for_write_int_fmt tracgfor.lib TRACG  _for_concat tracgfor.lib TRACG  @__intel_free_bpv@4 tracgfor.lib TRACG

Any advice? These seems like base fortran calls that I would figure be linked in automatically.

Thanks in advance

15 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.

Some other important info

I am using Intel 10.1 as the fortran compiler and VS 2008 for the C++ that is linking in the fortran libarry.

I am very much a begineer in this arena so please be very explicit for my sake.

I hope you can help and thanks in advance

Indications are that the library "tracgfor.lib" was compiled with a different version of the compiler than what you are using, and that the the Fortran runtime libraries of the two versions are not quite compatible. Do you know the pedigree of the library? Can you request the library to be recompiled with a compatible compiler version?

I have the source code for the library and I build it as a dependent project in the overal solution file. I could do a reinstall of the Fortran compiler do you think that would help?

Quote:

Matthew R. wrote:

I have the source code for the library and I build it as a dependent project in the overal solution file. I could do a reinstall of the Fortran compiler do you think that would help?

I don't know if we need to resort to such desperate measures yet.

What part of your project and library is in C and what part is in Fortran? What was the link command used that produced the linker errors that you listed? Can you post the corresponding build-log file?

The main program is C++ and it links in the fortran code. The build file is an html file and the system will not let me upload. I hope this is sufficent

Build Log Build started: Project: TRACG, Configuration: Debug|Win32 Command Lines Creating command line "rc.exe /fo"Debug/TRACG.res" .\TRACG.rc" Creating temporary file "d:\Users\210070673\Desktop\TRACG\Branch\TRACG\TRACG\Debug\RSP00000966046616.rsp" with contents [ /OUT:"D:\Users\210070673\Desktop\TRACG\Branch\TRACG\Debug\TRACG.exe" /INCREMENTAL /LIBPATH:"D:\Users\210070673\Desktop\TRACG\Branch\TRACGFor\TRACGFor\Debug" /LIBPATH:"D:\Users\210070673\Desktop\TRACG\Branch\Libraries" /MANIFEST /MANIFESTFILE:"Debug\TRACG.exe.intermediate.manifest" /MANIFESTUAC:"level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" /DEBUG /PDB:"D:\Users\210070673\Desktop\TRACG\Branch\TRACG\Debug\TRACG.pdb" /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE /DYNAMICBASE /NXCOMPAT /MACHINE:X86 libifport.lib ifconsol.lib simrmt.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib "..\..\tracgfor\tracgfor\debug\tracgfor.lib" ".\Debug\tr_interfa.obj" ".\Debug\TRACG.obj" ".\Debug\TRACG.res" ".\Debug\TRACG.exe.embed.manifest.res" ] Creating command line "link.exe @d:\Users\210070673\Desktop\TRACG\Branch\TRACG\TRACG\Debug\RSP00000966046616.rsp /NOLOGO /ERRORREPORT:PROMPT" Output Window Compiling resources... Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Resource Compiler Version 6.0.5724.0 Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Linking... tracgfor.lib(recorep.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _for_check_mult_overflow referenced in function _RECOREP tracgfor.lib(graf.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _for_check_mult_overflow tracgfor.lib(init_vh.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _for_check_mult_overflow tracgfor.lib(recorep.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _for_alloc_allocatable referenced in function _RECOREP tracgfor.lib(graf.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _for_alloc_allocatable tracgfor.lib(init_vh.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _for_alloc_allocatable tracgfor.lib(x8d250.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _for_cpystr tracgfor.lib(ichan.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _for_cpystr referenced in function _ICHAN tracgfor.lib(ecomp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _for_cpystr tracgfor.lib(vsllev.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _for_cpystr tracgfor.lib(conblk.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _for_cpystr tracgfor.lib(wchan.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _for_cpystr tracgfor.lib(wiarr.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _for_cpystr tracgfor.lib(wecompw.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _for_cpystr tracgfor.lib(process_fuel_file_name.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _for_cpystr tracgfor.lib(wecomp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _for_cpystr tracgfor.lib(vslgeo.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _for_cpystr tracgfor.lib(crnced.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _for_cpystr tracgfor.lib(init_vh.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _for_cpystr tracgfor.lib(grfput.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _for_cpystr tracgfor.lib(wecompc.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _for_cpystr

snip bunch of errors

tracgfor.lib(tsat_s.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _log10f tracgfor.lib(polint.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _for_pause referenced in function _POLINT tracgfor.lib(gapdat.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _for_read_seq_lis referenced in function _GAPDAT tracgfor.lib(gapdat.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _for_read_seq_lis_xmit referenced in function _GAPDAT D:\Users\210070673\Desktop\TRACG\Branch\TRACG\Debug\TRACG.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 65 unresolved externalsResults Build log was saved at "file://d:\Users\210070673\Desktop\TRACG\Branch\TRACG\TRACG\Debug\BuildLog.htm" TRACG - 943 error(s), 0 warning(s)

You can attach a ZIP of the HTML file.

My guess is that you didn't add the Fortran library directory to the C++ project settings.  See http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/configuring-visual-studio-for-m... but you'll have to tweak the instructions to accomodate version 10.1.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

That was set up correctly. I had this in the library directories C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Compiler\Fortran\10.1.029\IA32\Lib. I added the line in anyway and still no luck. Were can i find some of these routines can't I just explicitly put the library in there to fix this issue?

any other ideas?

In your Fortran library project, see if the property Fortran > Libraries > Disable Default Library Search Rules is set to "Yes" - if it is, set it to No and rebuild.

If this does not help, set the C executable project property Linker > Show progress to "Show all progress messages" and rebuild.  Attach a ZIP of the C project's build log. This will help us figure it out.

I did some searching before I posted and found your post suggesting to change the library flag and it is set to no. I have attached the build log.

Anlagen: 

AnhangGröße
Herunterladen buildlog.zip35.58 KB

Is there a chance that the libraries you saved away in your directory, are the 64-bit ones, instead of the 32-bit ones?

the _for_XX names are the IA32 names; the 64-bit libraries contain entry points without the leading underscore.

--Lorri

Thank you for all the replies...

I checked the properities of fortran libarry and the main program projects and they are both set to the 32 bit console application setting. Everything I know of is 32 bit. This used to compile but my hard drived crashed and lost everything so I have to start over.

I'm so sorry, that's not what I was asking.  My question is actually outside of Visual Studio.

Your build log shows that it is linking against libraries from D:\Users\210070673\Desktop\TRACG\Branch\Libraries (which I'm pretty sure is not a standard installation location :-) )

When you copied the libraries there, where did you copy them from?

You can check your library the same way I checked one we had in an archive.

Use the command
link /dump /symbols /D:\Users\210070673\Desktop\TRACG\Branch\Libraries\libifcoremt.lib
and then send it to a file (because there will be an amazing amount of output)
Search for the string "for_alloc_allocatable".

Is it found, but without the leading underscore?

I agree with Lorri that you probably copied the wrong Fortran libraries. But if you've added the 10.1 library folder, why do you have your own copies of the Intel Fortran libraries in that folder? I suggest renaming them or deleting them (libifcoremt.lib, libifport.lib, ifconsol.lib, libirc.lib, svml_disp.lib, ifwin.lib) and allowing the linker to find them in the Fortran product directory.

That did it!!!

Thank you all so much. Was banging my head against the wall for  weeks on this!!!

Kommentar hinterlassen

Bitte anmelden, um einen Kommentar hinzuzufügen. Sie sind noch nicht Mitglied? Jetzt teilnehmen