Unable to start program "C:\...."

Unable to start program "C:\...."

Hi,

Within our organisation we have a problem with the Intel Visual Fortran Compiler. When a user tries to compile a program in Debug-mode (F5), the following error occurs:

Unable to start program "C:\<path to project>"

We are using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional 10.0.30319.1 and Intel(R) Visual Fortran Composer XE 2011 Update 7 Integration for Microsoft Visual Studio* 2010, 12.1.3518.2010

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

9 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.
Bild des Benutzers Steve Lionel (Intel)

F5 starts the program under the debugger - it does not compile the program. You haven't built the executable yet, which is what leads to this error. Use F7 to start the build, then use F5 to start debugging. Don't forget to set a breakpoint first.

Steve

There is a setting in Visual Studio that controls this behavior. Tools > Options > Projects and Solutions > Build and Run. Change "On Run, when projects are out of date" to either "Always build" or "Prompt to build".

Steve

I am the IT guy that tries to solve the problem for the employee, so sorry if I say something that is not correct :).

I followed you steps, I first build the exe and then tried to use the debugger. Visual Studio immidiately shows the error message as stated in my first post. So the problem is not solved by this. Do you have some other thoughts?

Did the program successfully build? Does the EXE file named in the error message exist? Please attach a ZIP of the buildlog.htm file from the Debug subfolder so I can see what happened.  Please also include a screenshot of the error message.

Steve

I included the screenshot with the buildlog in the attachment.

Anlagen: 

AnhangGröße
Herunterladen buildlog-screenshot.zip233.02 KB

Hmm - that is very strange. Does the same error occur if you use CTRL-F5 to start without debugging? Can you run the program by double-clicking on it in the folder? (The console window will disappear when the program exits, but you shouldn't see an error.)

What if you create the project in a different folder, say, C:\test ?

Steve

Hi Steve,

We found the solution for this problem. The problem was a script that was executed during deployment of a PC. This script included a command that added some environmental variables (PATH), but in this command there was made a typo which caused the problem. As soon as we corrected the variable, VS debugs without any problem.

Thanks for you help!

Glad to hear it!

Steve

Melden Sie sich an, um einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen.